586,051 active members*
3,773 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > FADAL Drip Feed CIMCO

FADAL Drip Feed CIMCO

Hey guys, so i will try my best to explain this issue. We didnt used drip feed until we tryed yesterday, i need to run programs from the PC using drip feed because the transmition using TA,1 is takin forever (2-3hours).

So yesterday i set everything on the machine ready to work like this:

Set de Baud rate in the fadal using the command CD,8>Enter
    DNC>Enter
    Start
    From CIMCO i sent the program, once i clicked the send botton, the machines started working. On Cimco i changes de baud rate at 9600 too.

I erased every comment and the program name too, also deleted all the numbers on the lines.

This worked very well on a couple of small programs i ran. But once i started a big program the system kept running but it displayed many errors on the process and also the slide hold was dissabled for some reason.

Today the crew try to send it via drip feed and they coudnt make it work so they try to go back to send it using TA,1, and it didnt work, the machine displayed a RS232 error.... so i told them to change the baud rate on the CIMCO back to 2400. And it worked....

Right now we are sending programs to the memory again, but the FADAL is set a 9600 baud rate and the pc ar 2400. How is this possible????

I really need to make the drip feed work, any ideas?

Thanks

Re: FADAL Drip Feed CIMCO

Well, simply, it's not possible that they truly be set to different baud rates and get anything but garbage. One of the two is wrong. My guess would be the software on the PC is wrong. Have you tried just firing up hyper terminal, setting the values to match and sending the PC a program?

FWIW - In the old days we had problems drip feeding to the FADAL cnc 88 (1989) turned out to be the com cable was to long and that 15FT was about max. length. At this point all the problems went away. Something to do with the hand shaking speeds in the Fadal at the time with the drip feed SW.

I run Calmotion flash drive/ dnc conversions on all of my Fadals. They're $500 and they pretty much eliminate all of the issues associated with stringing lengths of RS232 cables about the shop. Google them.

we have been using the calmotion setup for several different machine here for many years, directly hooks to the machine by rs232 and never drops. i think we gave 700 for the universal version and have 3 or 4 of them around the shop that get used daily on all the older machines that are not networked