Raddrake3

I did finally test my Bridgeport using the CENCOMM software as supplied by Centroid. I'm using an older PC running XP. Mine came with a COM port to printer type conversion cable for communication. I wasn't able to get any machine motion until I got CENCOMM running and communication properly and figured out that my motion stop/pause button (not E-stop) was broken and stuck in pause. My X axis ran smoothly but Y is running erratically. I'm assuming its the Y wire harness (hopefully !) and will have to check by swapping it out for the X. I wasn't able to test Z since I had no air hooked up yet....and I only have 220V single phase so didn't attempt to run the spindle either. I'll be getting a VFD for that. If I bypass the main transformer I could actually run my machine on 110V with the exception of the VFD. FYI....my stepper motors are quite noisy with the faulty Y axis making many different sounds. I hear that running an axis with an intermittent harness problem can cause drive boards to fail. Don't need that ! With VMCs being so cheap and abundant these days, if my CNC4 fails I believe I will sell this for whatever I can get out of it. I only paid $781 + $750 to have it moved. But I can't spend much time on this without costing me more than it's worth. If I get all 3 axis working nicely I'm planning to build a dolly around it to move it's 5500 lbs into my garage. Luckily the rigid ram head tilts to the side to fit under the garage door. I'll take some pics of the dolly if I ever get that far. Fingers crossed at this point.