A local Machine shop recently donated a very well kept Bridgeport Series 1 CNC (BOSS 5) Mill with teletype and tape reader. I have the original documentation and the machine is perfect working order (as far as I can tell manually)

Originally I was looking at connecting via the 20mA current loop interface, which is connected through a round Amphenol connector, that used to be connected to a teletype machine.

I was told by a Camsoft salesperson that this machine can be connected directly to RS-232 without any special HW or cabling. All I need is one serial connector and one Amphenol connector. Catch is he would only pass along the required information if I purchased their SW ($$$). Software was donated with the CNC, so now I am just looking for anyone who may have the wiring diagram.

I was also told that the 20mA current loop does not work 100%, so that is even more motivation for me to find the necessary RS-232 wiring.

We compete in the FIRST (For Inspiration and Recognition in Science and Technology) Robotics Competition (www.usfirst.org) and the 2004 Robotics season starts tomorrow and we are in dyer need of getting this machine connected to a PC.

Thank you for any help or information you may be able to provide. If you have any information that can help, please contact me:

Brian Buonomo
Technology Teacher / 871 Team Leader
West Islip High School
1 Lions Path
West Islip, NY 11795
631-8932-3250 x224 Office
631-893-3269 Fax
[email protected]