586,115 active members*
3,516 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Micro Mark upgrade problems

I recently installed the digital readout upgrade that goes on the compound. It was easy to do until I tried to reinstall the handles. They don't fit on the new lead screws! And it seems that the screw for the Y axis is too long. I can move it back and forth about an eighth of an inch. Has anyone had anything to do with this upgrade? I'd like some advice or ideas as how to fix this. I can't send it back,my daughter gave it to me as a Christmas gift. HELP!!!!

You could turn some spacers to take up the slack.
    If that's not OK, just give Micro Mark a call - I'm sure they will work with you.

Aaron

Yeah, Micro Mark was no real help. They put me onto the mini-lathe .com site, there was no info on this upgrade. Does anyone here have any knowledge about this item. Digital Cross feed counters. I could really use some advice before I go it on my own and screw it up. Thanks in advance

Get on Yahoo Groups - 7x10 and 7x12 and ask. There are several people who have the DRO's and I'm sure you will get an answer.

Aaron

Unhappy

Pastera, I went to those groups mentioned and they were also a non-helper. I joined two and haven't gotten one reply. So I ask again if anyone here could help out I'd greatly appreciate it. If I turn up some spacers where would they go and how to measure for them?

http://www.mini-lathe.com/Mini_lathe...g_DRO/dro2.htm Talk to Frank Hoose, the owner of the site and he should be able to help you.

You could also talk to Chris at Little Machine Shop, he sells the DRO kit and might be able to answer your questions.

I just searched my archives for 7x10 and 7x12 and did not see your post - can you give me a date you posted or some text from the post so I can find it. That will allow me to reintroduce the question to some of the more knowledgeable members.

Aaron

Aaron I left those sites. Got myself taken off. Seems from the message board , that there is little machine talk, as opposed to politics these days. I saw many people leaving because of that. Mr F. Hoose seems to the one with the right stuff. I am going to mail him asap. Thanks for the link. It's noe 11/07/06, I've tried to contact Mr. Hoose three times, and all I get is undeliverable mail messages and exceeded user mailbox limnits. Does anyone know how to reach Frank?

The 7x10 group is open discussion and there is little machining talk until soemone poses a question. The 7x12 is 95% on topic with off topic posts normally a technical question. The off topic stuff normally has OT: in the subject line so you can filter it out. If you post on both of those forums, you will most probably get an answer.

I searched my archives of both groups and found Frank posts in the 7x10 group. His last post was on 3/30 but he has only posted 16 times in the last year.

Can you post some pictures of the dissassembled units? I may be able to see where the problem is.

Aaron

I am not very good at uploading pictures, brain strain I guess. As soon as I got back to the lathe, working ot and refitting my mini mill I'll post some pics. Thank Aaron, I could use a little coaching now and again. Post pics soon.

Please let me know how you come out. I am the new owner of a Micro-Mark lathe and the DRO is in the future. They had the lathe on sale for about a week at a $100 off so I took the plunge. Have you made any mods to your unit yet? How do you like it so far. Brian.

airdale. I still need to tune it up and add a shim to what I've donor. When you add the DRO make sure and measure the crossfeed spindle so that it has the proper distance from the small flange to its relief in the mounting boss.