586,096 active members*
3,783 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Looking for used Tormach 770 or 1100

Hi All,

I am interested in purchasing a used Tormach PCNC 1100 or 770.

I am located in Sydney, Australia

Please let me know if anyone is selling or can put me in touch with a seller.

Thankyou!

Fabio

Re: Looking for used Tormach 770 or 1100

There is a Tormach agent in Sydney - in Cronulla i think. There name escapes me at the moment . They sell other machines and seem to concentrate more on those than Tormach's. You can deal direct with Tormach USA and import direct from Chine through Tormach but you won't save any money.
    Edit - i now see you said used machine. Good luck in finding one.

Machine Tool Solutions are the Australian agent. Machine Tool Solutions

I made some enquiries with them and for a new PCNC1100 I wouldn't have got much change out of $20K. I enquired with several Chinese vendors about importing several similar machines out there but our weak aussie dollar is not helping at the moment.

I eventually bought a second hand Lagun ProtoTrak CNC Knee mill to replace my manual HAFCO BM30 knee mill. It's an older machine and only 2 axis but it's a good starting point for me to learn on and I can upgrade it as I go.

Cheers

Mike

That explains something. I emailed the Cronulla address about 5 years ago and never got a response - I'd say they were no longer dealing in Tormach.

I have a Seig X3 converted to CNC with a Promica kit from Melbourne - Excellent kit which has taught me a little about machining in general and CNC but is unfortunately no longer made. The machine is good in aluminium but really struggles in steel from lack of machine rigidity.

I looked at getting a Tormach 770 but the deal was pay Tormach US (full US price) for the machine which would then be made available at a warehouse in some Chinese port city. It was then up to me to organise collection and freight/shipping to Aus. They did provide the names of some shipping agents but that combined with the 120V/240V issue on the 770, it all became to hard and expensive. I'm a little surprised there are not Chinese copies of the Tormach - they seem to do it with everything else. With the Seigs, I believe they are made in a number of different factories to the same design (probably from the same set of Chinese Govt plans) so there is plenty of manufacturing capacity.

Good Luck.