586,121 active members*
3,657 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 5 of 5 345

Re: My SH-350 has landed !!!

Thank you for your reply and information. Just to be clear, by "photo on wood" I am hoping to do something like that which is shown in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuhvI5Na_zo

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by itmaxx View Post
    hi Bratan, Some experience with wobbling on my 3d printer, this seems not the case.
    Attachment 280348
    the cut is finely wobbled... it seems a pulsing laser. I don't know... doens't seem a mechanical problem but a software paramenter to adjust...
    the manual of the laserworks 8 (or rdworks8, it is the same) is a very funny chinese-english translation... not so useful. I guess there should be a parameter regarding the resolution or the pulsinng of the laser... but don0t know where it is...

Were you able to find a solution to this problem? Can you share your findings with us?
    Thank you for your time and assistance.

I believed it was a wrong microstep setting in the steppr drive but it is a simple matter of speed.
    The same piece cutted at slower speed and less power is quite perfect. I went from 15mm/sec to 4-5 mm sec and from 65% power to 40%.
    really happy.

At the same time I could test my first 'thick' acrylic. I bought some 10mm transparent acrylic and cutted in asingle pass with 2-3mm/sec and 75% power, defocusing the laser lowering it of 5mm.
    The result is perfect and I guess the machine could cut easily 12-14 mm in one pass and maybe 14-16 in 2 pass.
    I guess that a thicker sheet could be cut with a different lens (3 of 4 inches) because the ray is more parallel and the initial focus distance is larger so I could lower it more and more...

Thank you for the information and observations.

Page 5 of 5 345