586,440 active members*
4,200 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Hobby Projects > Hobby Discussion > foam wings for a new girl?

Question foam wings for a new girl?

OK, I am a HS Industrial Arts teacher with two Techno DaVinci Mills. I also have a laser cutter. I have a junior who is interested in RC planes and I want him to be a project guinea pig. He is cutting out pieces using the laser and balsa for his own plane. but.... I have tremendous amounts of foam and would like to cut out some airfoils to test with a wing tester, etc. There is a foam wing cutter that I can buy for about $400, but I heard that I can adapt my mill to cut air foils. Anyone know how to get started or where to go for more information?
    "Craft is What I do All Day. Art is what I have at the end of it" Jean Weller

Foam wings

PM Me I have some Plans to build your own for dirt cheep. All you need to do Is buy the controller. PM me I might be able to help you there also

Foam Wing Cutter

We stock the Feather Cutter for Foam Wings. You can see it at our web site: www.acpsales.com. There is a PDF with all the pictures of the cutter. It is very easy to use and we give a 10% discout to schools. You can also call me at 800 811-2209 during the week if you need more info.
    George Sparr