586,082 active members*
3,733 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

bridgeport r2e4

hello all. i recently purchased a r234. i have gleaned lots of tips on troubleshooting this machine on this board. i have a problem with the enable drive . at startup, the diagnostics onscreen show no errors. doing the pushbutton test routine shows no errors. i have air pressure. all fuses check out. the enable drive button keeps showing the red led. the drives wont enable.
    on the bsp board, led #3, led #4 flash.i have removed the boards and cleaned the contacts. no limit switch is triggered. the oiler reservoir is full.

Is your emergency button pushed in?
    Once it finishes booting, and you press enable, do you get an error message?

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

thanks for your reply.
    the e stop is pulled out.i dont see any error messages on the screen. i havent checked the z limit switch yet. maybe stuck?

That would give you a axis limit error.
    Have you looked at the boss event long and fist event log?
    Have you checked the status of the FMDC LEDs? The two green ones on the end should be blinking at a different rate from each other.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

My R2E3 does that fequently, and most of the time it is the Z limit switch. I figured out that little quirk, now if I could get the rest of it to work.....
    "ain't much that can't be repaired, rebuilt or replaced..."

the fmdc board green led closest to me is off. the next led is solid. i cant access the fist. when i bring up the help menu, and select the fist log, nothing happens.

It means the FMDC has NOT passed its self tests on bootup. Check your power supply to the FMDC, check all connections, make sure all chips are seated correctly, and pray that it comes back to life.

George

thanks for your advice .

Did you get it working? I have a R2E3 and when hooked up to my rotory phase converter, I had to make sure the generated leg was not going to the 24v power supply. The E-Stop button would only get about 19v and control would not see it.

not working. time to retrofit.

Voltage?

My R2E3 would only stat once in a while. It turned out the the incoming voltage was to high. You may want to see if it is taped right.