586,121 active members*
3,100 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > TB6600 PWM Spindle Mach3

TB6600 PWM Spindle Mach3

Hi all! first post here. not sure,if i'm allowed,but looks like rules aren't against it. here is my problem, posted on shapeoko forum:

The Shapeoko Forum ? View topic - TB6600

Can anyone tell me how do i connect spindle speed control module to the controller board?
    i have no documentation from the seller for a speed control module.
    and user manual for TB6600 can be downloaded from here:

TempFile.ru - ????????? ???????? ?????? ?? 200 ??. ?????????? ??????? ????????.

Thank you so much!

Re: TB6600 PWM Spindle Mach3

There is a YouTube video that demonstrates how to do this with the arduino gshield. I don't know much about the tb6600 but you might be able to adapt the same technique into your wiring. How to upgrade your ShapeOko 2 spindle and make an electronics enclosure - YouTube

Did you even figure this out? I have a tb6600HG and a 400W spindle with a cheap speed controller and I want to run it all thru mach3..
    I do not know how to wire it properly.. I got the PWM + and GND connected right and on speed controller added the 48V DC supply to the speed controller and then the spindle red and blk wires is suppose to go to the 1st input on speed controller for the load...

so on my tb6600hg there is nothing connected to the relay m1 and m2... so i do not know how to wire it with the speed controller..

there is no diagrams for a 300W or 400W speed controller, I dont have a VFD, its a speed controller with PWMJ i guess its called..

I guess its cheap too.. what can I use to replace it for mach 3?
    how do I wire it?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wiring diagram spindle.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	122.1 KB 
ID:	273878

This is what I have done to date... But I need to wire the m1 and m2 so MACH 3 controls everything... I am stuck here...

Hi! yes, everything connected and working as it should be.with limit switches and 400 w spindle controlled by mach 3
    but my board was completely different from yours(not to mention that yours is looks like 4 axis)

here is the image of the board (with some comments in russian)

here is spindle controller(bought with spindle)
    it can be controlled manually by potentiometer or by mach3

same thing like this:

12V 60V 10A Wide Voltage PWM DC Brush Motor Speed Mach3 Spindle Controller | eBay

on controller board i have this 10V

relay on the controller (TB6600) board are too weak to handle the spindle and with the help from my russian friends i was able to connect the spindle using regular 12V relay that are used in cars(horn,alarms etc). i can post the diagram here,but like i said-i'm not an expert in all this stuff (and i'm terrible at it) and on the top-your controller board looks completely different. with different pins and connectors

Hi V298Z, very nice work there, could you please give me more details about the limit switches connection. I Have proximity switches with three wires (ground, positive and output signal). I plugged the ground to the GND, positive to 5V and the output signal wire to the IN1, but mach 3 do not react although he proximity sensor led is on when detects the metal.

Quote Originally Posted by sabtak View Post
    Hi V298Z, very nice work there, could you please give me more details about the limit switches connection. I Have proximity switches with three wires (ground, positive and output signal). I plugged the ground to the GND, positive to 5V and the output signal wire to the IN1, but mach 3 do not react although he proximity sensor led is on when detects the metal.
    Hi! i don't have any experience with proximity switches and i'm no expert in all this stuff(actually-hate it,cause burned too much of it, while trying to figure out various setups such as arduino boards etc). anyway..
    i've used regular temco switches and connect them in normally close.

i believe that the com goes to the GND and wire from NC goes to IN2, IN3 and IN4 (i have connected them in pairs for each side of each axis) and IN5 goes to probe

IN1 goes to E Stop. and i believe that the way i connect the button is NO-normally open. one wire goes to the same GND, other-to IN1

i would recommend to put all those electronics into a SEPARATE ENCLOSURE, not into same PC case (unless you have a huge full tower case).

thanks for the reply, this TB6600 is driving me crasy .
    I will update.
    Best regards,

it's not that bad, you'ill figure it out. majority of the complexity is actually in MACH3 settings. keep your eye on all those ports and pins etc. make sure they are correct and not crossing\overlapping with each other.
    tell you more-after i build my little cnc-it was running great ,but later start losing the coordinates. i mean- after one hour of work in one particular mode-roughing) it will drift away for about 1 mm in one particular direction. IT TOOK ME 3 MONTH(!) to figure out the problem. i did assemble and disassemble the whole thing probably at least 5 times, looking for an answers in the mechanical side. i've checked and changed some electronics.
    in the end-turns out it was the corrupted profile settings file in MACH3! this is why i'm saying to keep an eye on that thing.

Again thank you so much for the answer, I am an engineer and I know what it means to spend months looking for the problem.
    Telling me that it is probably coming from Mach 3, is a precious advice (which I suspected but finished thinking its the hardware)
    I will let you know,
    Cheers,

Hi V298Z , can you please give me the right version of the Mach3 you are using , I think mine is obsolete and misses many options

Quote Originally Posted by V298Z View Post
    in the end-turns out it was the corrupted profile settings file in MACH3! this is why i'm saying to keep an eye on that thing.
    Dear V298Z,
    I hope your are doing well, nothing new here with the settings, I realized that I can't have some displays in the Mach 3 version I have. Would you please tell me which version of Mach 3 you are using.
    Many thanks,

Hi Baker..
    Sory for interupt you.
    I have a same problem.
    I have a driver TB6600 3 axis.
    I have pwm control (like your pic)
    I use mach3 software to run it.
    I think it's all same with you. But i have a problem with spindle.
    I did wire TB6600, spindle and PWM control like your, but my spindle work at constant speed. i can't control it.
    What should i do?
    DId i get wrong by doing setting in mach3?
    Maybe you already know about this, since you had this problem long ago.
    Can you help me?
    Or anyone who read this comment can help me too?
    I'll very appreciate it.
    Thank you..

BS,
    Nanda A.