586,110 active members*
3,293 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > SprutCAM > SprutCAM 9 updates

SprutCAM 9 updates

I have been using the Tormach supplied SprutCAM 9 since last Fall or so.

I am wondering if others have stuck with the version provided on the DVD or kept up with new versions per SprutCAM's web site?

I am finding the UI bugs annoying. They appear to be new compared to 8, which was in reasonable shape when I last updated it.

Tormach seems to want us to stick with that I guess until something bad enough comes up? Not sure. There were never any official updates to 8. Not a single one. For software as buggy as SprutCAM is, I find the level of support lacking, though understandable.

Re: SprutCAM 9 updates

I have been staying current with all the version 9 updates and have not had any issues. I run a Haas though, so I don't know if that could be any issues with the Tormach.

I allowed 1 update and it set off virus detection system and also corrupted my digital rights media DRM. My workstation computer is now very suspect and in need of a complete clean o.s. system and application install. Not a real happy customer about this and the post process error shipped on the master dvd . Also I have NO access to post process editor or their script editor programs. I emailed tormach and response was to send link to yet another questionable download and install. All this effects the stability of the system and the program and its copy protection system. And to be honest I want a full working dvd with no errors and all programs functional not some crippled version with built in problems!
    md

Quote Originally Posted by mountaindew View Post
    I allowed 1 update and it set off virus detection system and also corrupted my digital rights media DRM. My workstation computer is now very suspect and in need of a complete clean o.s. system and application install. Not a real happy customer about this and the post process error shipped on the master dvd . Also I have NO access to post process editor or their script editor programs. I emailed tormach and response was to send link to yet another questionable download and install. All this effects the stability of the system and the program and its copy protection system. And to be honest I want a full working dvd with no errors and all programs functional not some crippled version with built in problems!
    md
    Are you running Tormach? SprutCAM? because there version is limited and thus discounted from the full SprutCAM, which has the post editor and lets you run all posts and install and run SprutCAM from main site

Now if you purchased SprutCAM full, and not Tormach version, you need not to use there Tormach version but download from the SprutCAM site, and removed the Tormach one and install the "full" SprutCAM then you should be fine.

what questionable links? Maybe your too trusting in your virus detection software, which is known to give false positives in many cases...

Jacob at Tormach fixed the post error and post process editor problem. Script editor is still in need of some love but we are working on it.
    As for virus detection, I have no control over that software and what it finds. The first update after installing sprutcam 9 caused it to go off!
    It flagged 4 files during the update and I trusted these files "my mistake" . I have done a complete un install and reinstall of sprut9 with updates and did not have same error.
    After that event a number of files are locked and no longer usable and a host of strange things effecting the stability of my workstation are ongoing!
    I have a new ssd to start over with, Just takes about 25 hours to build a new o.s software stack from masters disks. My workstation is setup with 6 hot swap ssd bays so this is easy just push button and they pop out and in. Not looking forward to this task but to be honest it needs to be done anyway. In general I don't allow the root o.s. to go much longer then a year without a fresh clean install of o.s. and all applications with the updates being 75% of the work. Over years of experience I found I can maintain a fast and reliable computer doing this.
    md

Edit
    Forgot to say thanks Jacob at tormach. !