586,238 active members*
3,488 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Post for V-26

OK I need help building out the post for my CNC Master and V26.... I first want to find out what you guys would like to see so I can dig up the info for you to review. I have a post for V23 which Bob Cad said wouldn't work with 26... She may not have know what she is talking about. I can also give the command software to those that might need it to test. It runs on win 7 and up... This is a 4 axis machine, but I think I'm only going to get the 3 axis working...
    Using CNC Masters Supra Knee Mill, 4 Axis vari speed. Bob Cad V-23, V26, Bob Art

Re: Post for V-26

OK here is the text for G-code help for a post to be built on...
    Attached with these notes are a few sample g-code files to help you or your CAM techincian to develop your post processor
    for the CAM software you are choosing to use. You can also begin with a FANUC post as your base post and re-write it from
    there according to the codes and definitions below.

Below is our current list of G-codes with definitions and instructions how our operational software reads
    these codes. These are the typical file formats that our Master software can read: .txt, .nc, .cnw, .tap

The following list applies to all of our CNC Masters "Milling Machines":

G00 = Position (Rapid speed)

G01 = Linear interpolation (Feed speed) can be used with a F coordinate at the end of the line.

G02 = Circular interpolation (CW)

Format: X__Y__I__J__ I,J are relative distance from start to center.
    Incremental Z can be added for helical designs. Important: The G02/03
    commands must be written with X value Y Value I Value and J value on every
    line for it to work properly. If you place a Z coordinate on the same line,
    that will command the toolpath to run a helical program with X Y and Z running at the
    same time.

G03 = Circular interpolation (CCW)

G17 = Cancels G60 Command -- Please make sure to define it according to how we
    use it. If user does use a G60, then the user will not need the G17.

G40 = Tool Radius compensation off

G41 = Tool Radius compensation left -- IMPORTANT: At our setup window is
    where we place the diameter of the tools. The G41/42 will then offset the
    radius of the tool. So we don't need an extra D value. In order for a
    G41/42 cycle to work properly -- every G-code must be entered individually
    after the G41/42 until it is canceled with a G40. You cannot have toolpaths
    without the G code listed in front of it, or the G41/42 will not work
    properly. Lastly, you can only use these codes starting on a "linear" path,
    and ending on a "linear" path. You cannot begin these codes on a G02/03.
    You can only begin it and end it on a G00/G01. D values are not used. The user must
    enter the diameter of the tool in the Master Software Setup, Tools Tab.

G42= Tool Radius compensation right

G60 = Switch data from Y to W * radius factor

G70 = Input in inches

G71 = Input in millimeters

G73 = High-Speed Peck Drilling Cycle, Format: X____Y____Z____R____Q____P____F____

G81 = Drilling Cycle, Format: X____Y____Z____R____F____

G82 = Counter Boring Cycle, Format: X____Y____Z____R____P____F____

G80 = Cancel G73, G81, G82, or G83 Cycle

G83 = Deep Hole Peck Drilling Cycle, Format: X____Y____Z____R____Q____P____F____

Note on Peck, Drilling, and Boring Cycles: All values must be written except P and F which are optional.
    The Q, which is the cut-in value cannot be left at 0.00 or the Z will not move down on this command.
    The R point is above the work piece for G83. For G73, the R point retracts a small pre-determined distance
    to break the chips and then feeds to the next peck allowing the tool to go deeper.

G90 = Absolute move (Modal)
    G91 = Relative move (Modal)

M00 = Pause

M03 = Spindle on
    M04 = Spindle on reverse
    M05 = Spindle off

M08 = Coolant on
    M09 = Coolant off

M30 = End program

/Notes -- The user can place notes in between lines of the program. When placing a note in between two lines of code,
    the user must indicate the line after the note with a G or M code, if the code is not written in front of the line.
    In this case it is best to write each tool path with its proper G-code/M-code in front of the toolpath so the operator
    does not accidently break the modal with notes.

Resolution setting: The minimum resolution setting in inches is 0.0002".
    The minimum resolution setting in mm is .005 -- only if the CAM can generate multiples of the .005 mm.
    But if your system cannot handle multiples, then it is best to put your resolution setting at .01 mm
    so your system can properly generate the correct values from there to run the program.

Tool Change, T commands
    When placing a T command to do a tool change, a spindle off and Z quill retraction are not required. The T command
    automatically will turn off the spindle and retract the Z going up. When the user is done makeing the tool change,
    and resumes operation the Spindle will automatically turn on, Z will lower and offset and continue to machine from there.
    If the operator needs to make a spindle speed change on the T command, use M03 to adjust the spindle on a separate line "before"
    the T command line. Do not include PAUSE next to the T command. Do not generate files instantly with the T1 command at the
    top. Only generate these T values if the user has "more" than one tool change in his program.

4th Axis Option
    Our Fourth axis is recognized in the software as the W axis. It recognizes degrees only. It can interpolate with the other three
    axes if the command is placed on the same tool path line.

Lastly, no spaces in between lines. Create toolpaths in list format.
    Using CNC Masters Supra Knee Mill, 4 Axis vari speed. Bob Cad V-23, V26, Bob Art

this looks like standard G code have you tried the haas with a-axis post?

No I tend not to just try things... a bit skittish that way... I will have the post on this computer that was made for V23 which had its fair share of problems when they first built it.... I'm not even used to getting around in 26 yet...

OK here is the last post by date anyway. There was a later one that had a incremental/absolute change because BC button didn't work... This one was based on V23 for CNC Masters supra mill.
    Attached Files Attached Files