586,060 active members*
3,992 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Coolant Systems

I am a hobbyist that primarily works with aluminum, and have been looking at commercial and DIY based cooling systems for my G0704. Not really interested in dealing with mess and having to build an enclosure for a flood based setup. It seems that there are many fans of Fogbuster. Also, Kool Mist and Noga products can be purchased for a nice price from online retailers that offer coupon codes/sales. DIY is okay, but it seems sometimes you end up buying the real version in the long run anyway after spending a considerable amount in time/effort/money building one. Anyone willing to weigh in on their experiences with commercial vs. DIY setups? I have been down that road before wasting time/money and would rather not go there this time around.

Re: Coolant Systems

I spent a bunch of time researching all the non-misting options. The DIY and the commercial units, out of a lack of free time I decided to just buy a used commercial unit. I bought adual nozzle Accu-Lube MQL system used from eBay, and so far I am liking it, but they are really expensive. I am using Unist Coolube 2210 because it is not a vegetable oil that will oxidize and break down into a brown scuz like the vegetable oil bases accu-Lube oil.

These are all the units I looked at.
    -Fogbuster
    -Accu-Lube
    -Trico
    -Unist
    -Dropsa

I think the cheapest option is the Fogbuster if you want something more than the cheap venturi fog machine.

-Dan

I just use a standard air tool lubricator with a regulator attached. It blows through a 1/8" ID plastic tube. The lubricator looks similar to the one in the picture and has a needle valve to adjust oil flow. I already had all the parts so I used it and it works very well.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$_35.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	6.7 KB 
ID:	311858

I have two trico units. One for the aluminum saw and one for the cnc.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	md1200.jpg 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	311868

they do have cheaper options though.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DL-magnum-and-Tri-cool-TC-1.jpg 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	311870