Fanuc Series oi-MODEL D

I've read the chapters on program I/O in the user's manual about a dozen times. I'm trying to figure out how to load programs from a memory stick onto the CNC memory. Its a CNC Quaser mill. This is the directions:

1. Press edit switch or enter state emergency stop
2. Press soft key OPRT
3. Press F INPUT
4. Set the file number that you want to input. Type a file number, and press the soft key F SET
5. Set the program number to be used after the input. Type a program number, and press the soft key O SET
6. Press the soft key EXEC
This starts reading the program, and INPUT blinks in the lower right part of the screen. When the read operation ends, the INPUT indication disappears.

So this is what we do. The control is in edit mode, we are already in the memory card screen. We go to operations, we press F INPUT.

In this screen, the programs loaded on the card are listed sequentially by their file number. There are only 5 programs on the card. So we enter the file number of the program we want (in this case, 0005). We press F SET. We enter the program number and press O SET.

Then we press execute. Instead of "INPUT" blinking, we get a message "Program has been verified" and nothing happens. The program has not been loaded into the control, and it has not been selected as the active program. Its just been "verified" not inputted. I can't even find anywhere in the manual that explains what this means.

Anybody who can help us from here would be great, we are trying to load programs onto this machine for our school so that students can test out their CNC programs.