586,035 active members*
3,846 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Flexicam or Pacer

We are buying our first CNC having no experience other than having seen them work!

The 2 we have narrowed down to are a Flexicam or a Pacer.

Can anyone advise?

I am currently using a pacer and have had quite alot of problems with it, I am looking into buying my own machine and would like to know more about Flexicam too. I have found the pacer a little flimsy and have had trouble with the y axis jamming. We have also had problems with their software and have been through 4 pc's as they are conected to the table, this obviously causes the pc to be damaged from the vibration and dust.

i have a flexicam and love it built like a tank good fast service the one time i needed it the software is simple to use very flexible use it for wood plastic alum. etc. with the twin x axis drive the alignment is always dead on no lag so you can run at faster speeds they run bigger bearings then most routers overall its a great machine.bang for buck get the flexicam

Which model have you got and what did it cost???

i have the s2 5x10 with t slot table and tool changer, the cost is between me and my bank sorry never give out money numbers but remember you get what you pay for.when you are costing out a machine no one adds in the cost of future down time and stress. i have had no down time and no stress. so altough the machine cost more then someother cnc routers in the start it has realy cost less because of those factors. if your machine cost less but it always breaking down, it means you can finish or start the job if you can do the job it mean you have lost a customer thier for lost money. i looked for one year before buying my new router i looked at all that was out there i went with flexicam not because of price but because its built to last.

What sort of work do you do on it?

I am also interested in what are the advantages/disadvantages with the t slot system. The pacer that I use at the moment has a vacume bed.

I am mainly cutting 3d parts (furniture) double sided, the vacume bed works fairly well but I am interested if there is an easier way of lining up the piece when cutting the second side. At the moment I cut a jig out of a sacraficial mdf sheet which the piece slots into.

thanks

i do proto type work , the t slot is good for some things but not other it all depends on what your doing and how many your making if i was making longer runs of parts then a vac table would make more sence.

I have apcer and I am looking for the software anny help please