586,533 active members*
2,885 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Vectric > Harley Davidson Logo
Page 2 of 2 12
    It's highly unlikely a US company would pursue an action against a person on Denmark for a trademark violation unless it was blatant and of a size and scope where the cost of a lawsuit was justified. In civil law the distinction of 'legal' is often what can be proven in court and makes economic sense. Big companies don't like lawsuits but they also consider their branding and trademarks as valuable corporate assets that should be protected. Bottom line is that most companies won't go after individuals for single case infractions since they have much larger fish to fry.

So to answer the question: It's not legal to use a companies registered trademark for any purpose, but the company is faced with the burden of showing material harm and defending their trademark or intellectual property. In civil law the amount of harm needs to be at a level that the cost of legal action is justified. The usual first course of action from the company is a "cease and desist letter" that tells you to stop. Saber rattling (warning shot) but usually effective.

Disclaimer: I am not an attorney but I have been thrust into the civil legal system several times and paid $$$ to "learn". Bottom line is that the person with the deepest pockets or best lawyers wins. I have sit in meetings in a Fortune 500 company with their internal legal staff about using legal actions and I can tell you that it's largely an arbitrary process. It's hard to predict what the CEO will elect to carry past the canned warning letter stage.

TOM CAUDLE
    www.CandCNC.com

I always understood it that you could not for sale,,,which is totally understandable since one would be making money from their name. So non-comercial use. I too cut that sign out, looks great.

If this was the case than logos could not even be posted on different website, people that like harly's and have put up pics of theirs, etc. Also other logos like the marines, airforce, airplanes, etc etc etc.

I also see the dog with glasses photo is a picture for sale but using it as a icon for your name seems non-commercial to me.

I am not sure so the reason I ask and also am interested in this thread.

taus
    www.cuttingedgecnc.com
    Thanks,
    tauseef
    www.cuttingedgecnc.com

Cycle logo

Does anyone know where to find the saying

Ride to live, live to ride logo that would look good on a hunk of oak?

thanks

There are a number of these floating around. Try the Harley Site.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Does anyone have an ACDC logo? or know where to get one?

Quote Originally Posted by 1cnchogger View Post
    Does anyone have an ACDC logo? or know where to get one?

Here is a (DXF) sign.

You can delete the "Thunderstruck" text, If all you want is AC/DC

http://mydxf.blogspot.com/2009/05/design-287.html
    Free DXF - vectorink.com

Thanks switcher...you the man...looks great.

Harley Davidson Logo.dxf

BSA Motorcycles

Does anyone know where there is an iges file for the BSA motorcycle logs?

thanks

DXF of Harley Wings or Pipes

Does anyone have a dxf of Harley Davidson wings emblem? I found some neat software to vectorize it but its a bit rough.

cheers

I've got a copy of the Harley logo already in DXF but it's too big to attach. If can you PM me your email and I'll send it to you.
    Bob

"Bad decisions make good stories."

I'm experimenting with making some parts and pieces for my Harley and ran across this thread. Can anyone here be of any help in converting a picture into .dxf to bring into my Mastercam software.

Here you go,

I have it on my website. The work has been done.

As always, for SHARING only, not for profit.

Harley Davidson Plaque

later
    tauseef
    Thanks,
    tauseef
    www.cuttingedgecnc.com

You do realize that it's illegal to have those files on your website. (copyright violation)
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

hey,

I know there was much talk about this when this file first came about. The file is from the net, we all tweaked it a bit more for cnc. I posted my file I used to make the sign on the site.

I know this has been (is) a touchy and confusing subject...but what can we make – do - share? If it is for personal use I thought we could? We ALL agree you can't make this stuff for profit without written consent.

We all have cut out many things. I have cut out many things for the kids, my little pony, squinkies, spiderman, spongebob, etc. Granted I don't have the files up and don’t sell them either. The kids also draw spongbob, spiderman, etc... granted we don't sell them either. I guess my question is would that also be considered copyright issues??

Do you think it is the "distribution" part that is the problem? But making it and showing picture (as long as you don’t share the file) ok? I don’t know but would like to find out too. I don’t wanna do anything wrong. My bro-in-law is a lawyer and I will ask him, see what he says.

Thanks again,
    taus
    Thanks,
    tauseef
    www.cuttingedgecnc.com

Hey Gerry,

I removed it.. and the one of the chicago bears I made.

I will still ask my brother in law next time I meet up with hime to get any info on the subject.

thx.

tauseef
    Thanks,
    tauseef
    www.cuttingedgecnc.com

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

I could not resist, this is my Harley copyright, a modified EVO engine I rebuilt for a customer, having a test run
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Harley Engine I rebuilt for a customer Test run 2 years old.jpg  
    Mactec54

Page 2 of 2 12