586,094 active members*
4,014 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > Relocating stock on table mid Project, continuing from last point.

Relocating stock on table mid Project, continuing from last point.

I have been shopping for a CNC router for a long time and may have found what I have been looking for except the Y axis is shorter than I would like.
    I was wondering if there was a way to work around this problem. I have a fairly detailed designs that are approximately 24" x 80" problem is I am looking a table that is only 24" x 48" cut area. As far as moving the stock on the table, that is not an issue, it is open on both ends. I was wondering how difficult it would be to stop a project and move the stock to allow the machine to continue on from the exact point. Also if this is not an uncommon trick of the trade, is there any software that would help.
    I never thought about having to move the stock on the table before so I never did and research on it. I found a machine for sale locally and got excited, the cut area would be fine most of the time just not for the occasional longer pieces. Or should I just forget about it and keep looking and find one with the cut area that is big enough to fill the occasional need as well as the daily ones.

Re: Relocating stock on table mid Project, continuing from last point.

Hi,

I have purchased the latest version of VCarve Pro 8 and the software lets you machine pieces that are much longer than your table, by truncating the work and have you move the piece on you table.
    If you check on you tube, there is already a tutorial for this improvement made on the software.
    Have fun

Re: Relocating stock on table mid Project, continuing from last point.

Ok great, thank you. I was sure I was not the only one who has run into this problem. I just didn't want to spend the money before I checked with someone who knows what they are talking about. Going to go watch that video now.