586,108 active members*
3,094 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Gecko Drives > Are my gecko driver Broken/

Are my gecko driver Broken/

Hi guys,

Bought gecko 201x and through various mishaps, illness and blown BOB I never got to finish my build, well i just bought a new BOB and I'm seeing that the problem might have arrived from the geckos instead of many BOBs tha tI had bought and blown out eventually oddly.

currently using the KK01 from CNC4you.

The X axis drive doesn't work with the Y and Z , but when swapped into another Axis port Or stepper it does. I then plug it back to it's respective port and now the Y drive doesn't turn on(greenlight).

When all motors are plugged in on the X drive (the suspected problem drive) it does not function right going backwards and forwards

Now it was over 2 years ago that I tried fixing this same problem that I thought it was the BOB that was faulty but after a brand new BOB it now seems the geckos can only be the problem.

I never suspected them because the 'green light' always came on.

So to recap - all components seem to work but not all together the odd driver out does not move the stepper properly, making it go backwards and forwards when pressing the forward direction only.

Many thanks

Re: Are my gecko driver Broken/

update -ok, i've just tested the most unsuspecting problem to me and that is the custom 57V transformer.

I've got put a couple of 20amp 15V PSU's in series giving me 30v and all three gecko's are working nicely. Now can anyone suggest how to look into fixing this Transformer, Bridge rectifier/capacitor circuit -

false alarm, it seems drivers are faulty-