Hi everyone,

I'm not familiar with the electrical stuff and I have some questions about switching power supplies.

For example, this 36V 11A 400W power supply: MW High Quality 36V 11A 400W DC Regulated Switching Power Supply CNC 400W | eBay

The description says the input AC current is 6.5A for 110VAC, would the power supply always be drawing 6.5A constantly? Or is it proportional to the amount of DC current supplied to the stepper motors? So if the stepper motors are drawing a total of 7A DC, would the power supply be actually be drawing something like 4A or 5A AC?

Also about this "inrush current" rated at 25A, that's pretty high. I'll probably going have to get 2 switching power supplies, 1 for stepper motors, 1 for a DC powered spindle. Now assuming I'm running both power supplies at full load and they're drawing total of 13A AC. Even though that's below the 15A circuit breakers I have, the inrush current will be really high at 50A. Should I connect the 2 power supplies to wall sockets in separate electrical circuits? Or would it be fine to connect both power supplies to the same electrical circuit? I want to have the router operate safely and without tripping circuit breakers when I'm running it.

Thanks!