586,121 active members*
3,524 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Laser Engraving / Cutting Machine General Topics > Need advise and help to purchase a laser for cutting thin metal

Need advise and help to purchase a laser for cutting thin metal

I need to build or buy a laser to cut and engrave thin metals, stainless steel and so on, the max material thickness is not more then 0.4mm to 0.5 mm, most time it will hover around 0.15 to 0.2mm.

Also the work surface does not need to be large, 400 x 600 mm is already OK. Can even be smaller 100 x 100mm?

What type of laser CO2 would work with this, power levels and what air assist?
    Would i need a different type of laser since it is for metals?

The only requirement would be fine details on the cuts and the engraving.

Also cost is a factor dont want to spend to much on the first machine.
    Hive 8 - G0704 CNC Mill - 20 inch Telescope - High Resolution 3D Printer - Lasersaur 100W CO2 Cutter / Engraver

Re: Need advise and help to purchase a laser for cutting thin metal

Hello Hive, this is Nolan from Thunder Laser. our machines can't cut metal, and for your requirement, I think you should choose metal cutting and engraving machine. it can cut and engrave thin metals.
    and the price is not cheap as well. and these machine install large power laser tube, so the working area of these machine also is very large.
    anyway, you can find many manufacturer on ebay.
    if you want to learn more about non-metal laser cutting and engraving machine, you can visit our website.
    Thunder laser cutting and engraving systems - Cutting, Marking and Etching Machines

- - - Updated - - -

Hello Hive, this is Nolan from Thunder Laser. our machines can't cut metal, and for your requirement, I think you should choose metal cutting and engraving machine. it can cut and engrave thin metals.
    and the price is not cheap as well. and these machine install large power laser tube, so the working area of these machine also is very large.
    anyway, you can find many manufacturer on ebay.
    if you want to learn more about non-metal laser cutting and engraving machine, you can visit our website.
    Thunder laser cutting and engraving systems - Cutting, Marking and Etching Machines