586,075 active members*
3,982 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tormach Personal CNC Mill > Picture of electrical cabinet door key?

Picture of electrical cabinet door key?

Is there any chance somebody can post a picture of the electrical cabinet key from a PCNC1100? I'm asking because I just got my PCNC shipped from LA to Switzerland (any other Tormachs in Switzerland?) and the key is missing. Not sure if it got lost on the way or if my friend in LA in who's garage it was stored still has it somewhere. I don't remember what the key looks like, and it would be helpful if I could send a pic of it to my friend so he could search for it (he has a bunch of keys from old locks etc so he is not sure if one of those keys could be from the electrical cabinet door). Any help is appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Picture of electrical cabinet door key?

I think you need to look in the tool box, I couldnt find mine 3 years ago and I am pretty sure thats where it was...........I had to call tormach to find out where it was.!
    mike sr

Check in your wooden tool-box on the pallet and you will be quite happy.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry I didn't see that popspipes had already steered you correctly. Enjoy your new machine!

Picture of electrical cabinet door key?

Thanks for the replies. To clarify: I just moved the machine to Switzerland but it is not a new machine, I have been previously using it in the US. I moved last year, but my friend had a project he needed to finish so I left the machine with him until now. So everything had been repacked (I disposed of the original Tormach packing material when I originally got the machine).

A pic would be really helpful in trying to track down the key.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From my Series II
    Attachment 272250
    Damit sollten deine beiden Fragen geklärt sein
    Gruss
    Step

I think you can call TORMACH, give them you machine's Serial Number, and request a replacement key.

@TurboStep Thanks, you saved my day. My friend in the US found it after I showed him your pic.

BTW, do you know if I can use 220V for the Tormach auxiliary outlets? I would like to plug the computer directly into the Tormach mill so it automatically starts up when I turn it on. Not sure if it is fine to exchange the 110V C15 cable (monitor cable) that in the US supplies 110V to the Tormach's accessory ports with a 220V Monitor Cable.

Also, I bought my machine in Nov 2013 and I remember that I was told that the coolant pump can be switched from 110V to 220V. The manual says that inside the pump housing should be a diagram that shows how to re-wire it. My pump has no diagram inside and it doesn't look like there is a way to re-wire it. Am I missing something?

(Dachte schon das ich möglicherweise der erste Schweizer Tormach User bin :-) / Already though I might be the first swiss Tormach user )

Quote Originally Posted by cordvision View Post
    ...do you know if I can use 220V for the Tormach auxiliary outlets?
    All switches and relays are rated for 250V so there's theoretically no problem. However, I didn't like the sound the switch for the computer outlet made when I used it to turn the computer on so I added a couple of additional relays between the switches and the output connectors. I also didn't particularly want to use US connectors so I made a new outlet panel to use C13 and C14 type connectors:

Attachment 272336
    Quote Originally Posted by cordvision View Post
    ... The manual says that inside the pump housing should be a diagram that shows how to re-wire it. My pump has no diagram inside and it doesn't look like there is a way to re-wire it. Am I missing something?
    There was some discussion on the forum on this subject some time ago but I couldn't find it. I seem to recall some owners reported that 220V wasn't supported on newer machines. This is how the diagram and internal wiring look on mine. As you will see mine is still set for 110V because I haven't used this pump yet.

Attachment 272338

Step

Thanks for all the info and pics. Hooked my controller up through the aux electrical port, worked without any problems and the switch barely makes any sound at all.
    Looks like I have a different pump. I'll be calling Tormach tomorrow because they told me that it can be switched when I bought the mill. Also, the paper manual that came with
    it says that it can be switched on newer machines.
    Does that mean that on very old machines it couldn't be switched, than they shipped pumps that could be switched and now they are back to pumps that can't be switched?
    When did you buy your mill/pump?

BTW, any good places in Switzerland you could recommend where you buy your metal/aluminum and cutters etc. from?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3066.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	272344

I've no idea what the history of the pumps is. I bought mine as part of the stand in May 2011 - it was probably one of the last series II machines.
    I'll PM you about suppliers in CH.
    Step