586,106 active members*
3,207 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

3/13/15 - New Beta 1.5 - 315A

I just saw there's a new version of the beta posted today. Looks like bug fixes, no new features.

Direct Document and Software Download | Tormach Inc. providers of personal small CNC machines, CNC tooling, and many more CNC items.

Re: 3/13/15 - New Beta 1.5 - 315A

I downloaded and installed- I think? how does one know if it installed correctly or not? I got an error message the first time, the second time after rebooting the controller/pathpilot I didnt get the error, I am assuming it installed correctly.........

any insight appreciated..
    mike sr

Quote Originally Posted by popspipes View Post
    I downloaded and installed- I think? how does one know if it installed correctly or not? I got an error message the first time, the second time after rebooting the controller/pathpilot I didnt get the error, I am assuming it installed correctly.........

any insight appreciated..
    I also installed the update and had an error message, but, If you look at the bottom right hand corner next to the PathPilot logo, you can see the version # - V1.5

Adam

Looks like the bug fixed i needed to get running. Ill re install and give this a go tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by adamboon View Post
    I also installed the update and had an error message, but, If you look at the bottom right hand corner next to the PathPilot logo, you can see the version # - V1.5

Adam
    Thanks Adam for the info..
    mike sr

Quote Originally Posted by adamboon View Post

Adam

What was the error message ?

The error is that software needs to be installed. Seems like it backs up the old software, uninstalls it, then gives the error. You reselect the software update and everything is good.

Quote Originally Posted by hall6ppc View Post
    What was the error message ?
    I don't remember what the message said, but it was clearly an error message. Something like the update didn't work and so I had choose the 1.5 update again. Then it worked.

Also, I've only used PathPilot for a couple of hours, but, it is really nice and smooth. It seems to work faster and the jog pendant works way better.

Adam

Loaded up the new update (V1.5) today om my Series 2 1100 ( no motor upgrade ) . Let me say first that when I upgraded from MACH to PP there I noticed very quick that the machine jogged and ran a lot smoother and vibration was significantly reduced ( my machine was not bad anyway with respect to vibration) .

OK after the update wow did I notice a significance roar and vibration when jogging the Z axis . It happens at the 8 to 10 IPM range kinda like it did in MACH but a lot worse . So I restored my computer ( Tormach controller ) with the DVD back to previous version . Machine now jogs much quieter with hardly and vibration just as did when i first upgraded to PP.

Not sure what they changed in this update that affected my machine but something changed , so I will stay with the 1 beta release for now . It will be interesting to see if anybody else has this issues .

Update on Z axis resonance:

Spoke with Tormach this morning on the noise resonance ( Z axis) with regards to the update for PP on Series II machines . They did change some scale settings on the Jog Shuttle which might be causing the noise . They are going to adjust these in the next update to fix the problem .