586,071 active members*
3,867 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 7 of 8 5678
    What is the depth of the blind hole and how long did it took the EDM to finish ?

Depth was 1 1/2 or 2". Probably took an hour or more to burn the slot. But, the machine is automated and shuts off when the depth has been reached.

Jim
    www.outbackmachineshop.com

Estoy buscando planos para poder transformar una maquina vieja. Alguien podria ayudarme

Eduardo
    Montevideo - Uruguay

Lightbulb Sinking EDM Servo Control Unit Schematic

Can anyone help me by sending me some relevant material on Sinking EDM Cathode Servo control unit? I need gap distance control with Servo motor schematics, or at least some relevant links.

My e-mail is: [email protected]

Thank you so much!

Can someone send me the plans? paccnc at gmail.com

Thanks!
    FS: Complete Z-Axis Assembly with THK RSR15WM slide, leadscrew, stepper mount. PM for more info.

can anyone help me with manuals for mecrode make edm machine or tell how to reduce electrode wear . In my machine electrode wear out very fast is it problem with generater.

shailesh sheorey

si les interesa, miren este video, estoy armando una EDM en cuanto tenga fotos adjunto algunas.
    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA09KaPL7_8"]YouTube- Lecture - 39 Electro - Discharge Machining[/nomedia]

I am in need of build plans and schematics for an EDM generator with gap controlled hydraulic servo. I have a servo amp, but, need the generator and gap control circuity. The old supply was a 20 amp from an Excello machine. Thanks.

We have an edm machine of M/S sykes machine tool co. ltd.Technical center bedford avenue,Slough Berkshire SLI 4RY. UK. Of following specifications
    1. machine MINIM
    2. generator - 901
    3. S. No 320024
    4. MECRODE , Microspark 901 S. No 9014114, 45A. The 600 group.

Question

1. Machine generator do not become ON. What is LED # 1 on the control panel ? It is not becoming OFF. Anybody have the maintenance manual for this machine.

Sanjiv

You commented that the link posted for a simple EDM gave no joy.

I can send you a document with the article if you wish.

Its a while ago since my post but I tried the link and it seems to be working fine.

http://pico-systems.com/edm.html

Bob

I build one

Dear friends: years ago I build a type Lazarenko machine, it runs ok but I want to optimize or reform it for its better performance, and I wonder if you can send me sketch of your circuits. I can send you mines, if you like. It would be grateful to me to share it. Thanks a lot. A hug, and sorry my grammar, I’m not American: Luis Blaugen.

EDM

Does any body know of an inexpensive EDM already made. I am making injection molding molds

I am handy I could probably make one given good plans.
    looking to spend less than ten less is better.

Thanks

FWIW, I am in the process of building one of Fleming's designs.

A bore-you-to-tears, more-than-you-wanna-know type of build log about it is here for those of you who are insanely curious.

Also, a bibliography on the subject is included here - I would appreciate your help knowing about anything not mentioned on that page. Anyone have any specifics on the Russian book mentioned earlier in this thread, like author, # of pages, pub date, etc? Where to get it?
    "72.6 per cent of all statistics are made up on the spot." - Steven Wright

Re: Home Built Edm Machine

Old thread, but I would like to have a copy of the plans as well if anyone would care to share them. Thanks.

[email protected]

Anyone?

Hi, are you handy with electronics and a soldering iron?

I have a set of DIY plans from the Model Engineer dating back to the 70's or so, and it uses a small stepper motor for the drive.

Being a model engineer type build the materials were sourced in the days when transistors were the in thing, so maybe today you'd have to re-work the circuit and apply it to more modern components.

I've been wanting to build it for years and even went to the extent of getting the book and circuit board for the Fleming design which is about a year old now, but uses a modified slide mechanism made from a ball bearing draw runner, so nothing too sophisticated.

If you want the older circuit diagram, which is a complete build with words and music etc, I'll dig it out from my portable hard drive that I archive all the odds and ends I want to save for future reference.

BTW, if you go back to post # 12 you can see the complete set of plans which I posted then.....if you save them to your computer as they are Jpegs you can blow them up to read the print.
    Ian.

dear lan

do you have a new ones DIY EDM plan ?

thanks

asen
    [email protected]

Hi, I currently only have the Ben Fleming book for the EDM build.....it's available on EBAY.......if you decide to buy it, get the circuit board with it too as this is a more advance model and will give better results......so they say.
    Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by handlewanker View Post
    Hi, I currently only have the Ben Fleming book for the EDM build.....it's available on EBAY.......if you decide to buy it, get the circuit board with it too as this is a more advance model and will give better results......so they say.
    Ian.
    dear lan

thank you for your kind reply .

can the machine builded from Ben fleming book for industries use ?.

I have old edm machine ,which the z axis is move by hydraulic, do you have a control for hydraulic ones?

can I have a copy of yr another edm plan ,like model enginner ones.

thank you .

Hi, Ben Fleming's circuit is EDM pure and simple.........it is designed to just use an electrode to pierce a hole etc and if the part is within reason regarding the electrode size, you can make anything with it.

The power of the circuit and the size of the electrode will determine how long the part takes to "burn" down.......I haven't built mine yet so can't give any indications as to how fast it will work.

I think there is a forum that deals specifically with the Fleming design, bu8t I don't have a link to it.

A Google will probably give you a collection of sites that deal with EDM and also the Fleming build and further developments.

The circuits I posted some time back are on page 2, post # 12 of this thread.
    Ian.

Page 7 of 8 5678