586,106 active members*
3,346 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

New Dynatorch Software

Hello All Dynatorch Users,
    I posted this in a reply to Magma Joe but I wanted to make sure that all the Dynatorch users saw it. We have a new software update. BElow is a brief explanation of whats new

... Another new version of our software is now available. Version 320212 contains a new conversion algorithm for converting existing g-codes, (such as those from Burny files) for conversion to code compatible with our machine. For instance, we use G23 and G25 to raise and lower the torch, others use M3/M4 or M70/M71 or M66/M67 and even M9/M10. We also use absolute coordinates for X and Y and incremental dimensions for I and J, others use combinations of the two. We use decimal points in our coordinates, others assume 4 decimal places, but do not use the period. We can now convert most these files over in our Modify G-Code section of the Converter. We also fixed a small bug in the Library for the OxyFuel cutting. It seems some values were not being assigned when the selection was made. And a bug in the DXF converter with Ellipses was found and cured (Thanks Sam).

Hello Greg,
    I had a few ideas about the software, so thought id post them here for review.
    1= Allow lead in and outs in the DXF converter without having to change our original DXF files.(me personally for business I have over 175 drawings)
    2=Allow rotation during the array setup instead of doing it in the modify a G code stage.
    3=a help file with information from past/current customers that have cut different gauge/type of material. Would really help us have a great starting point for cutting without wasting material. Re: Machine voltage-tip size-cut height-SP setting-IPM etc.

I am impressed with the ease so far of the software. Alot of people buying machines use ofcourse price but, support-ease of use-importing scanned images to cut-nesting software-motor quality etc. I think you guys have an awesome product and I am very very happy. I know torchmate has alot of neat user freindly functions such as importing scanned images-cad program-and a great muliple part auto nesting program all included for $795. Can save the nest with lead in and outs as a DXF. I wonder if this program would work with Dyna's software seeing as the drawing is saved as a DXF.

Have a great night all
    Ed