586,389 active members*
3,000 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

new to me tech lc 4896 atc

Hey guys, just saying hi, found this low hour LC 4896 with tool changer. Picked up last weekend for what seemed like a good deal and had it running parts in a few hours after getting it home. So far so good, this machine rocks! Move it into a shop in next 30 days and will be running it 8hrs a day. We'll see what she can do then!

Anyone have any pointers? Thanks!!

Attachment 272760

Re: new to me tech lc 4896 atc

2fast,

It looks like you've got an LC (top speed 260IPM) with a 4hp Colombo toolchanger there. No vacuum table.
    Put a decent comptuer on there to run the machine and it will work well for you. A lousy one can hold you back.

What are you going to be using it for? Let me know and I may be able to provide some pointers.

If you have any questions, drop us a line at support [at] armorcnc.com or send me a PM here.

Congrats and enjoy!
    Eric
    Eric Feldman - Design Engineer, Programmer
    Armor CNC - http://www.armorcnc.com Support hours: 7am thru 10pm EST, 7 days a week

Thank Eric,

I got the LC from the original owner who got in 04 i think. He must of researched these hard cause he even went overseas to check them out before purchasing. Ran it for a few years in his shop then took it home for light proto work and been sitting for last 4 years. It came ready to go with computer and all. We moved it on a drop deck trailer with 4 cheap moving dollies and was cake to move. I feel like I stole this thing for how lightly used and it has the ATC. Once home had about an hour of set up time and was running parts. I have rapids set to 300 ipm, I'll takes these down to 260 ipm.

Our company Something Unique Designs - Homepage does home decor and we primary only use 1/2" baltic birch with a 1/8" bit. We do two passes, pass one, downcut, 110 ipm, .25" depth, 8000 rpm. Pass two, upcut 80 ipm, 12000 rpm, blow through at 0.51".

Will deff keep your contact handy, if/when this goes down we don't have a second machine so will need all the help we can get!

Keith

Sounds good, keep us posted on what you do with it. If you need help, we're here to assist, 7 days a week.

Regards,
    Eric
    Eric Feldman - Design Engineer, Programmer
    Armor CNC - http://www.armorcnc.com Support hours: 7am thru 10pm EST, 7 days a week