586,108 active members*
3,052 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Syil Q&A

Syil Q&A

Syil,

Could you clarify what issues there are with 220v / 110v, I've read something about this in another thread.

Assuming the machine is capable of either 110 or 220 volt operation, I'd run 220 whenever I could.

Current flow on 220 is 1/2 of what it is on 110. Thus, you can use lighter gage, less expensive cable to bring power to the machine.

110 is "plug in the wall" available in most home environments. If the service line to the room where the shop is located is sufficient, it is plug and play. If not, you'll see lights flicker and more voltage drop due to the comparatively higher current demand.

There is a misunderstanding here.... The transformer in question is a 220V-12V AC transformer. It is added as an upgrade with our spindle control board. We were in need of 6V @ 15 watts. So, what happens when you apply 110V to a 220V-12V transformer. 6 Volts AC.

Everything is well. Still a plug and play setup. We test all units @ 110V before shipping.
    Direction, Commitment, Follow Through

What I've read is something about the motor only running at .5 hp if you run system at @110V, that's what I wanted to know about. So units work exactly the same in both modes? In fact, do they even have modes or do they only run 110V?

Regarding 4th axis...

Does it ship with full gcode support? i.e. G0A90

Absolutely. Comes ready to go, plug and play. Also includes a 3 jaw chuck to get you started ASAP.

The machines are rated at 1000 watts @ 110V.
    Direction, Commitment, Follow Through

Quote Originally Posted by SyilAmerica View Post
    There is a misunderstanding here.... The transformer in question is a 220V-12V AC transformer. It is added as an upgrade with our spindle control board. We were in need of 6V @ 15 watts. So, what happens when you apply 110V to a 220V-12V transformer. 6 Volts AC.

Everything is well. Still a plug and play setup. We test all units @ 110V before shipping.
    I hope the transformer is at least rated at 30VA. If it is only rated at 15VA and you draw 15 watts, it might have limited life.

I am looking into one of your mills for purchase and like your idea of testing in the states before final shipment.

What was the metric MT3 collet set's ER-32 designation I got?