586,119 active members*
3,609 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Good band saws..

What company makes a decent quality band saw? I been looking at HEM saws but they seem out of my league for what I want to do..

All I wnat to do is cut chrome molly for fabricating roll bars and stuff like that... I also want to cut square chrome molly..

Please help

MBG-
    I have a Rollin saw
    http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/NNSRIT...MT4NO=14639066

It's great, as it is versatile as a vertical saw, but also functions as a cut-off saw. Similar to a horizontal bandsaw.

Neatman

band saw

yes that model is good because you will be able to cut lenght of what ever 244" long in half with out it hitting the column. it al depends what you want it to do. with this one you will be able to not only jig with this blade. (like cut out rounds and things) but you can cur straits. but if you have a need to cut a bunch of miter cuts, then it will be hard to cut it with one of these with consistancy and accraracy. like if you need 60 peices cut at 35 deg. then you would be able to get it close with this caw but then you would have to machine it to the closeness. im sure you could get it pretty close with this saw but it will require skill and luck, trial and error. what you need to ask your self is do you already have a vertical saw? and do you need/ would you like a horzontal saw to cut accuratly different angles? for a living i work with both saws. i could help show you what you would need for certain application. chrome molly if kinda tuff on the blades. do you wanna sit and feed the raw material into the blade or do you wanna have the blade feed its self into the peice? but again i also dont know eather this saw is capable of pushing the work into the blade. some things to consider. post back and see what you need to do and how mucj you can afford. peace :cheers: