586,116 active members*
3,502 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Post Mazak M32 Parameters, Backups and 4th Axis

Good time of day Gentlemen,
    Ive been frequenting your nice forum more and more often as it often provides quick and accurate solutions to numerous issues I have ran into on my first job.
    After finishing schooling and changing cities I started in a small company, 35ish employees, and was assigned a machine who's previous operator was gone for almost a year before. So.
    I have ran into an issue with a work machine which I hope you may be able to help me with.
    A mazak AJV bridgemill with m32B controller is giving me grief, the documentation and manuals don't provide an answer and tech support is giving me a runaround. My main concerns are:

1. How does one go about saving and restoring machine parameters to a floppy and/or onto an emulated tape storage (Dostek serial to network to PC)?

2. The usual song and dance of dead memory battery and losing parameters gets interesting in my case: I have two floppies in electrical cabinet that are labeled parameters. After loading one, I do not see or can jog the always attached 4th axis rotary. If I reset and load the other floppy, I see the 4th in my Position screen, but I again can not jog it (gives an error saying the brake is on). Can't find an M-code to unclamp it, and even then its not an ideal solution as it has been unclamping itself beforehand. The axis parameter page does have values in it. Any suggestions or recommendations to get me back up and running?

Thank you in advance

Ivan

Re: Mazak M32 Parameters, Backups and 4th Axis

Quote Originally Posted by kuchervano View Post
    Good time of day Gentlemen,
    Ive been frequenting your nice forum more and more often as it often provides quick and accurate solutions to numerous issues I have ran into on my first job.
    After finishing schooling and changing cities I started in a small company, 35ish employees, and was assigned a machine who's previous operator was gone for almost a year before. So.
    I have ran into an issue with a work machine which I hope you may be able to help me with.
    A mazak AJV bridgemill with m32B controller is giving me grief, the documentation and manuals don't provide an answer and tech support is giving me a runaround. My main concerns are:

1. How does one go about saving and restoring machine parameters to a floppy and/or onto an emulated tape storage (Dostek serial to network to PC)?

2. The usual song and dance of dead memory battery and losing parameters gets interesting in my case: I have two floppies in electrical cabinet that are labeled parameters. After loading one, I do not see or can jog the always attached 4th axis rotary. If I reset and load the other floppy, I see the 4th in my Position screen, but I again can not jog it (gives an error saying the brake is on). Can't find an M-code to unclamp it, and even then its not an ideal solution as it has been unclamping itself beforehand. The axis parameter page does have values in it. Any suggestions or recommendations to get me back up and running?

Thank you in advance

Ivan

Hopefully these could help solve your problem for your second question. Try initialize the NC and reload again the floppy disk. Refer the attached files for proper procedure.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails M32_Mazak M32, M32A & M32B Re-Initialization Procedure.pdf  

Re: Mazak M32 Parameters, Backups and 4th Axis

Mr Hardylow,
    With marginal reluctance I have taken your suggestion and reloaded the parameters. Since I had two parameter floppies (perhaps parameters and options or parameters and machine programs) there is a correct order to load them in...
    Short story long half an hour of starting and shutting down and everything seems to be running correctly!!

My other concern remains, namely backing up said parameters on fresh extra floppy or to a computer. I did take pictures of all the screens I could get at, including the O values.

Still, from the bottom of my heart I thank you for helping me overcome this predicament!!