587,013 active members*
3,879 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > What would you do? (Problems w/new machine)
Page 2 of 3 123
    LOL!! I wish I were sleeping with the owner’s daughter at least I could take all this frustration out on somebody…….. J
    I called visa after my last post , no help from them on this, they said send it back if you don’t like it.
    So it’s up to the manufacturer to make it right.
    They’re so sick of me I doubt I will ever see resolution on this.
    I’ve tried not to be an a-hole to them but I can tell they are sick of me, all I ever did to them is call or email asking where my machine was.
    But I’m just one guy that bought some little machine.
    I don’t count. Right?
    If they could just get me the crap they forgot to send me I might just back away from this computer for a bit and go get it running. And hey I MIGHT ACTUALLY BE HAPPY WITH THIS THING…….
    Thanks for all the support guys. Keep it coming.
    Crash Master

Do you know any solicitors who can send them a nice letter on headed notepaper without charging you for the pleasure? This sucks big time. Dont let them away with it. Seriously. People dont stand up for themselves enough anymore. Sue them!

It seems pointless to “Fight this” as the legal cost would easily surpass the cost of the machine (and they know that).
    They’re a big company, and I’m just a broke, single father of 3 little guys, tying to get a little side business going to make ends meet.(and they know that).
    I don’t have the time or money to fight them; I just want what I ordered, they should have notified me of the problem with the screws, not ship the thing and just let me discover it on my own ( or hope that i didnt notice).
    they need to eat this one and build me a new machine that works with the servos, thats what i think.
    Does that sound unfair?
    Crash..

Quote Originally Posted by CrashMasterKev View Post
    It seems pointless to “Fight this” as the legal cost would easily surpass the cost of the machine (and they know that).
    They’re a big company, and I’m just a broke, single father of 3 little guys, tying to get a little side business going to make ends meet.(and they know that).
    I don’t have the time or money to fight them; I just want what I ordered, they should have notified me of the problem with the screws, not ship the thing and just let me discover it on my own ( or hope that i didnt notice).
    they need to eat this one and build me a new machine that works with the servos, thats what i think.
    Does that sound unfair?
    Crash..
    That does not sound unfair 'IF' you can get them to do this.

If not, get a solicitor and ask him what your chances are in court, and tell him to take you on a 'No win, no fee' basis. Sue the company for costs aswell!
    If he won't take you on this basis, Im sure he'll give you the name of a reputable firm of solicitors who will. There are plenty out there.

Who cares if they are sick of you or not?!! Are you trying to maintain a relationship with these people or is this a business transaction? Its business and they need to rectify the situation in a respectable manner whether you are being a nice guy or an arsehole.

You need to put your foot down and be firm. Follow the suggestions outlined in the second post of this thread as it sounds like a very good tactic and will generate a solid platform for future action.

You also need to PM me with the name of this company - just for my own reference. I understand you not wanting to post it for fear of libel. Good call.

Scott
    Consistency is a good thing....unless you're consistently an idiot.

Seriously though Kev,

Can you tell us what machine it is and the cost? (Dont mention the company if you dont want to)

If the machine cost under €750 you can file a claim in the Small Claims Court (Or your countries equivalent) for €15. Thats the ENTIRE cost to you. And they will sort it out.

Im not sure what country your in, but be under no illusion, under the Supply of Goods and Services Act in Europe the company is breaking the law. They are required to either take back your machine and give you a full refund, or, replace it with a machine which will perform to an equal or better standard. If the type of motors won't do what the motors which you ordered would have done, then they are legally obliged to refund your money or replace the machine with one that will perform to an equal or better standard. It is illegal to deliver a product which is different or of lesser value to a customer who has paid for a specific product.

mxtras is right. This is not a negotiation with them. You paid for something and they didn't give you what you paid for. Get your money back to buy from someone else, or get a product your happy with. Dont be nice to them, be polite and to the point. Tell them how it is and what you want. If they say no you either seek recourse in the courts or from any commercial bodies to which they are affiliated, or else you kick yourself for getting screwed and walk away. Its put up or shut up.

Sorry for being blunt. But thats what the laws are there for. If you dont use them its your own tough s#*t.

Did you tell Visa when you contacted them that you wouldn't pay for it until the vendor made it right???

I did not find that M/C took that attitude when I contested a charge. They asked what happened, I told them and explained what I wanted and why. THey told me to work it out with the vendor BUT let them know when it was worked out to my satisfaction and then they'd release the money.

Your choices now (if you choose not to push the issue) are to:

A. live with what you got stuck with (I wouldn't)
    B. pull a hard line attitude with Visa (contest the charge) so that they'll get involved (M/C did when I had my bout with a furniture company and that was for $4k of furniture)
    C. send the damn thing back and buy what you want/need from someone else.

Post #2 in concert with leverage from Visa (don't simply talk to a "customer service" person - get to a MANAGER OR SUPERVISOR level!!!! The service reps only want to make the problem go away - managers deal with the hard stuff like this.

This vendor will step on you and sublimate your needs as long as you let him.

If you want this resolved, QUIT BEING TOO NICE - BE firm and business like and lean on VISA for more support than they're giving you. It may take several calls but get to a supervisor at VIsa ASAP - they may need to be involved due to the issues that have evolved to-date.

Sometimes, it's fun and effective to repeat the conversation and conclusion to the other person over the phone - something like:

"Ok, so just to make sure i have this straight - I agreed to buy machine X, you shipped me machine Y and your stance is that I should just stop complaining and be happy. Is this correct? It is? Ok, who am I speaking to? Ok, John - what's your last name? Thank you. Can I speak to your supervisor, please? Thank you."

Scott

Actually I did that exact thing, I had asked about doing the upgrade myself, he said it wasn’t possible, and I said “so you sent me a machine that is not what I ordered and paid for, and now you’re telling me that I cant even upgrade it to what I wanted and all that you’ll do for me is refund the difference” he said “yeah that’s pretty much it”.
    I told him that it wasn’t acceptable and that he needed to find a better solution.
    I haven’t heard a thing.
    I called him 5 hours ago asking for the tracking number for the items I’m still waiting for, I haven’t heard from him.
    They flat out don’t care!
    Let me try visa again.

Keep trying, and good luck! The longer it goes without communication, the harder the despute becomes - no doubt.

You might want to keep a journal of the communications, too.

Scott

I say post the name of the company, If they don't care about you, why do you care about them?

Customer service is job #1. it doesn't matter what they sell, cnc machines or hamburgers.

Thats what this site is all about, helping the next guy. I'm looking to either buy or build a cnc machine now. I would hate to go thru what you are!

Good luck.

I think in this situation, he is doing the right thing by NOT posting the name of the company. He could then be easily sued and he would not have much of a chance of defense.

Scott

sued for what? he is simply posting his own account of his own experiences with the company, that is not slander so long as it is all true. I say post the name and maybe save someone the same grief.

mxtras

I think in this situation, he is doing the right thing by NOT posting the name of the company. He could then be easily sued and he would not have much of a chance of defense.

Scott

I doubt they know who "CrashMasterKev" is!

At the very least, PM me so I don't have to go thru what you did!

Red face

Well,,, here we go guys, I called Visa back and wasn’t so polite this time and the funds have been placed in dispute status.
    I just called the manufacturer back asking for the tracking number a 3rd time and he’s gonna go get it and call me back.
    God I hate this stuff, why couldn’t it just go right?

Ok well a little good news, in the last couple minutes, the manufacturer just called me and said the package was delivered to my house this am.

You know what, I’ve got my 10 hours for the day, I’m gonna get the HECK outta here and go see what I have at home.
    I’ll be back the in the Zone at home.
    Thanks for everything, you guys rock, you got me all fired up and maybe I’ll get somewhere now.
    I actually have a little smile.
    Cool.
    Thanks again EVERYBODY!!!

Get VISA to get your money back before you use it.

OK. Now that the funds have been placed in DISPUTE STATUS, you're a better position to "negotiate" a resolution.

If you want the machine with servo's, have them make you a new one and issue a pick-up order for the one you have. Make sure it is crated in a box that is/was of equivalent integrity to the one it was shipped to you in.

This way, when they deliver the "right" one, they can pick up the "wrong" one. SInce they shipped the wrong one, they should cover the expense of swapping out the new/old ones.

Indicate in writing to both the vendor AND Visa what you ordered, what you expected, what they sent and what you are expecting them to do to make the thing right. You will have to submit a written report to Visa to explain why you're contesting the charge and what needs to be done to rectify the situation - your documented phone calls and the episode reconstruction will come in handy for this.

You now have the preferred position of negotiating a resolution to the problem. Use the power WISELY and properly and FAIRLY.

Do you still want the machine??? If so, you pretty much have all the words posted as to what to do and how to do it.

Ain't Visa great when they actually protect YOUR interests?????

Ship it back!!!
    A.J.L.

Am I missing something here?

In Mach3 isn’t the XML file the machine configurations/parameters for things like port and pin settings inputs and outputs ect??
    And the .SET files are just screens or????
    I contacted the manufacturer asking them for the setup files and they sent me some bitmaps and a .SET file that only seems to change the screen and doesn’t seem to make any changes to the settings for ports and pins ect….
    Am I right or wrong???
    Thanks...

Page 2 of 3 123