586,058 active members*
3,687 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > OpenSource CNC Design Center > Arduino > Need Help! - Arduino, RAMPS 1.4, and Repetier.

Need Help! - Arduino, RAMPS 1.4, and Repetier.

I built a CNC milling machine I want to use as a 3d printer and cnc mill. I am using Arduino Mega and ramps 1.4 with lcd and sd card reader. I am running repetier firmware and repetier host. I am using TB6560 stepper drivers instead of the A4988. The problem I am running into is that when I connect to the board with repetier host I get an error message "the board is not functioning", when I disconnect the TB6560 drivers from the board, repetier host connects to the board without problems.
    I connected the TB6560 drivers with the RAMPS board as follows:

STEP to CLK+
    DIR to CW+
    EN to EN+
    CLK-, CW- and EN- to GND

What could be the problem in this case?

Re: Need Help! - Arduino, RAMPS 1.4, and Repetier.

Hi there,

I'm in the process of building the same setup and i'm gathering all the information I can get.. so, were you able to figure out what's the problem? I read somewhere that the pulse on the Marlin is too short for the TB6560 to handle and people suggested to run it on PSU higher than 24V..

Cheers,

Re: Need Help! - Arduino, RAMPS 1.4, and Repetier.

Hi, firstly my apologies if this has already been covered in another thread (I find the search function of CNCZone a little ambiguous, I'm sure all the information I'll ever need is already within this forum but I can never seem to find what I need!).
    I'm an absolute beginner in the elctronic side of building CNC machines (although I have no issue operating them) and appreciate any and all the help I can get. Eventually I'd like to convert a BF16 mill, but for a test project I'm wanting to make a simple tabletop router. Ideally I'd like it to be headless (no PC sat next to it) but also have some manual control (on-board buttons/knobs or a remote or pendant maybe).

For a simple setup I've been advised to use an Arduino Mega2560 along with Ramps 1.4 and either a 2004 LCD controller or 12864 LCD Controller, both of which have SD card slots. The second one appears to have a push button and a rotational control knob, I'm wondering if this could somehow be used to control manual feed of axes.

If anyone has the knowledge of a simple way to add manual control to the above setup (or an altogether different but equally simple setup) and would be kind enough to share this knowledge, I would appreciate it greatly!

-Regards Joe.