Hello, I am looking for some in general and some specific info on a Phillips read head set up on a Maho 700 that has a Philips 432 control.The machine must be about 25 years. The read head was replaced a few weeks ago and the machine won't stay running since then. Getting I05 and I07 faults on that axis.

It seems like the read head is our current problem. I am trying to find out more info on the read head. So far what I have a part number PE 2580/30 and another part number of 941802580301. I have been looking around this site in the different forums such as the Electronics and the Maho forums. And I have also doing some general search on this site. So far I haven't found much info that will help me with my problem.

I am trying to get more info on how this read head work and how it should be setup. I did search for info on the net using the part number. Found a used one for sale. It mentioned that it is IR read head. Initially I was thinking that it had a glass scale because of the dark shiny color of the scale but I did not see a visible light from the read head. OK, so I took a closer look and noticed that scale had a pattern running down the length of the scale. A pattern of a very closely single or dual sine or square etching/foil under the dark shiny film of the scale. So my next guess was that I might be dealing with a farrand scale but I did not have any pre-amp box. There is gap ( by far the largest gap that I have ever seen for a positioning feed back system) of about a .500 of an inch between the read head and the scale. So it does not seem likely that it is a farrand scale set up. So after talking it over with another tech I was told that the read head had a lens on it. And after seeing that it might have an IR light source I am back to it being some type of optical read head system. So I am trying to get more info on how this all is put together and works.

There are 6 or 7 wires running between the read head and 432 measuring board. The prints aren't giving much more info. I can't find any info on a procedure for setting up the read head. 6 wires suggests three pairs. I am guessing a pair for power, and maybe one for sending and one for receiving. Does that seem right? Also don't know what voltages that I should see on any of the pairs of wires. Don't know what adjustments I have, Gap, Skews, etc. Right now I am just guessing. I would appreciate any help on checking/setting up the read head and getting more info on it. I also do need to replace the connector( male 6 /7 pins round connector) that attaches to the read head unit. Any suggestion of where to get some more info? Any would be greatly appreciated. Thank you