586,116 active members*
3,442 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

MachOS reload help

Since I have to reload MachOS due to PP not working out for me right now, I have a question. I am restoring from the Mach3 restore disc supplied with the machine and everything seems to install fine except that it is searching for a DPIO module driver.

I have no clue what a DPIO module is, I would like to know how to find and install the correct driver. I did a google search for MachOS DPIO driver and nothing, just comes up with MPIO & GPIO instead. I would hook up the controller to the internet and have it do a search but there is always talk about how the controller should never be hooked up to the internet.

When I received the machine about a month and a half to two months ago I received 4 discs
    1) MachOS restore disc (self explanatory)
    2) License file (self explanatory)
    3) ATC disc (same....)
    4) Machine Control Software (this one I don't understand and have not tried to load as it says requires windows xp or 7 , no mention of MachOS so I am hesitant to load it)

so far I have not tried to run a program but other than looking for the driver there were no installation issues, but the damn notification keeps popping up and would like to either get the correct driver loaded or get the notification to go away

your help is greatly appreciated
    Thanks
    Kyle

Re: MachOS reload help

I searched as well but did not find an answer for you.... Take a look on or install the machine control software disk as you have nothing working at the moment! MACH is a machine controller so the label on your 4th disk is a bit confusing being there is a MACH restore disk. If all fails I would just download MACH from their website and install that using your license. That should get you going, after which I would try installing the ATC disk.

Robert

everything is actually working so far, but I don't want anything to fail down the road and I'm sick of the notification coming up about the driver. I guess i'll give the mach disc that says windows xp or 7 a try, worst comes to worse I just restore again. I really wish PP worked for me as I lost my only day off in weeks installing, configuring, uninstalling and now re-installing mach....

Quote Originally Posted by RTP_Burnsville View Post
    I searched as well but did not find an answer for you.... Take a look on or install the machine control software disk as you have nothing working at the moment! MACH is a machine controller so the label on your 4th disk is a bit confusing being there is a MACH restore disk. If all fails I would just download MACH from their website and install that using your license. That should get you going, after which I would try installing the ATC disk.

Robert

Did you purchase and install the PCI express card (PathPilot Upgrade Kit) from Tormach for your PP install?
    Did you remove it for your re-install of MachOS and plug the parallel cable back into the printer port on the controller.
    Sounds to me like it is looking fro drivers for the PCI express card.
    Gerry

PS
    Here are search results I got for "mach3 searching for a dpio module driver"
    https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...odule%20driver

Be careful on downloading anything from unknown sources. Scan the file on a computer with a virus scanner before installing on your controller.
    Currently using SC7 Build 1.6 Rev. 64105

Hi Gerry, I didn't need the upgrade kit as I have a new machine with the card already installed, but yes I did remove it for the re-install and plugged it back into the printer port. and I am very worried about downloading a driver from the internet unless I knew it was exactly the correct one. going to disc that is labeled machine controller even though it's already loaded, maybe it's a newer version than the restore disc. Other than that or downloading a file I don't know where it came from, I don't see many other options. When I received the machine I didn't have to load anything except the license file. Not quite sure why the restore DVD isn't fully installing everything

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Sweetland View Post
    Did you purchase and install the PCI express card (PathPilot Upgrade Kit) from Tormach for your PP install?
    Did you remove it for your re-install of MachOS and plug the parallel cable back into the printer port on the controller.
    Sounds to me like it is looking fro drivers for the PCI express card.
    Gerry

PS
    Here are search results I got for "mach3 searching for a dpio module driver"
    https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...odule%20driver

Be careful on downloading anything from unknown sources. Scan the file on a computer with a virus scanner before installing on your controller.

well, that disc didn't help. back to the half ass restore disc..

whatever a DPIO module is, it needs to be disabled in device manager. not sure why they would enable it if it just needs to be disabled though

DPIO = Digital Programmable Input Output.

I would bet you that the "DPIO module" is the Mesa 6i25 PCIE card. In the original install it was probably disabled manually, as the mach3 install disks didn't have that is part of their configuration.

Just disable it in the drive manager if you are not going to be using it. OW, you could go to the MESA website and load the device driver... if they had one for winXP (their website doesn't say... it just provides un-named "support software" download). You will find the 6i25 card under the "ANYTHING IO FPGA CARD" tab:

Mesa Electronics
    Tim
    Tormach 1100-3, Grizzly G0709 lathe, Clausing 8520 mill, SolidWorks, HSMWorks.

Sorry to hear pp is not working out for you. I have not made the leap yet but when I spoke with tormach about it last month they said they would stop supporting mach in one year. I hope all of the major bugs are worked out by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Concepts_Design View Post
    Since I have to reload MachOS due to PP not working out for me right now, I have a question. I am restoring from the Mach3 restore disc supplied with the machine and everything seems to install fine except that it is searching for a DPIO module driver.

I have no clue what a DPIO module is, I would like to know how to find and install the correct driver. I did a google search for MachOS DPIO driver and nothing, just comes up with MPIO & GPIO instead. I would hook up the controller to the internet and have it do a search but there is always talk about how the controller should never be hooked up to the internet.

When I received the machine about a month and a half to two months ago I received 4 discs
    1) MachOS restore disc (self explanatory)
    2) License file (self explanatory)
    3) ATC disc (same....)
    4) Machine Control Software (this one I don't understand and have not tried to load as it says requires windows xp or 7 , no mention of MachOS so I am hesitant to load it)

so far I have not tried to run a program but other than looking for the driver there were no installation issues, but the damn notification keeps popping up and would like to either get the correct driver loaded or get the notification to go away

your help is greatly appreciated
    Thanks
    Kyle