586,108 active members*
3,236 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: ETS problems

ETS problems

Hi Everyone,
    Upgraded to PP yesterday and have everything running, for the most part. I am having some problems with the tormach electronic tool setter, and I wanted to ask whether others have encountered the same thing. My ETS is plugged in and the height is set properly at 80cm on the probe settings screen. However, I get erratic behavior, when I click the button to set the tool offset. First the approach to the setter is often very very slow (about .1mm/sec) but not always. In other words, the approach speed seems variable for some reason, and I don't think it should be. Second, after the first touch, I often get an error on the status screen saying "probe is already tripped when starting G38.2 or G38.3 move" or "G38.2 move finished without making contact". Often after these come up I can no longer start the tool setting operation again, despite resetting the machine. This has been difficult to debug because of the inconsistent behavior before and after the setting routine. I know my ETS is okay because it works fine when I use the old MACH tormach controller.

Any suggestions?

Scott

Re: ETS problems

Same here. Upgraded yesterday. Not having the ETS working is a pain. Looking forward to hearing what the solution is.

Mark

Re: ETS problems

Tormach quickly responded to an email query about this problem. It seems that this may be the same as bug #858, which is currently set to be fixed for next release:

http://www.tormach.com/pathpilot_tracking.html

I'll update the thread after I get a chance to test the next version.

Scott