586,110 active members*
3,141 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Takisawa MAC V4 with Fanuc 6M controller issues... motors dont move, position shows 0

Takisawa MAC V4 with Fanuc 6M controller issues... motors dont move, position shows 0

We just got a 4 axis Takisawa MAC V4 with a Fanuc 6m controller. We had it powered up and moving the other day, but today it is having issues. First, all axes except for Z moved and homed out properly. I tried restarting it several times, but the z axis would still not move. Then shortly after, the rest of the axes followed suit and all stopped moving. If i hit the jog buttons, you could feel and hear the X and A axes thud a little bit, but nothing really moves. There are currently no alarms, but earlier i saw a servo alarm 401 and 403. However, the machine was sitting on the limit switch at the time, so i suspect it was just that. The alarm hasnt resurfaced since it was taken off the switch. The other weird thing is that previously when first powered up, the position screen showed a random position such as X12.4563 Y4.2456 Z12.5452 A120.45 (not the actual values, but you get the idea). Now it only shows X0.0000 Y0.0000 Z0.0000 A0.00, and that doesnt change at all, no matter what we do.
    Does anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks in advance!
    Dan

Re: Takisawa MAC V4 with Fanuc 6M controller issues... motors dont move, position sho

ok we figured out that it was actually moving, just very slowly, and for some reason it was on a different position screen that just showed zero.

HOWEVER, the z axis is still not moving. We can't figure out why.... There are no alarms, and the servo is holding. I can feel the motor correcting when i try to rotate it by hand. It's not just the motor lock either. We were trying to find the pin where the axis selector switch goes to see if there is a break in that wire somewhere but i feel that is a stretch. Anyone else have any ideas?

Re: Takisawa MAC V4 with Fanuc 6M controller issues... motors dont move, position sho

ATC is not at home position.

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    ATC is not at home position.
    that makes total sense, i was messing around with it the day before. I will try it. THANKS!

new issue arose.... i tried turning on the spindle with mdi. it turns on then stops immediately and the #02 LED on the spindle drive turns on and i get a spindle 1002 alarm on the screen. If i go as low as s100 it will stay running but if i try to incrementally increase the speed 100 at a time, it doesnt seem to change RPM's then it faults again. Two things may be contributing.... the mill is hooked up to a 220v transformer, and it may be a bit undersized for it. i dont think by much though, it does have a VMC running on it at this time with no issues. Secondly, it does have a roughly 50 foot cord running to it, however it is a pretty beefy one... There is no ground wire connected though. I wouldn't think this would keep it from going more than 100rpm's but i've been wrong before.

fixed, we had to adjust a pot on the servo drive to get the feedback to work.

Dan, I just have gotten a similar problem with my MAC-V2E. The X and 4th axis work, but not the Y and Z. Fanuc told me there was an interlock condition that I have to diagnose in the ladder, but I have no manuals for this machine. We've had the machine here in the prototype shop since the 90s but it came from the factory and with no manuals. Do you have a ladder diagram? Ours has a 10M control though, so some things may not be the same. Lee.

ATC is not at home, that's why Y and Z are interlocked.

Sent from my A3-A20FHD using Tapatalk

Thanks! The magnetic prox switch for the magazine retract was not on. Turned the air off, moved it back and forth by hand, and it's back. All good now!