I have been shopping for a CNC router for a long time and may have found what I have been looking for except the Y axis is shorter than I would like.
I was wondering if there was a way to work around this problem. I have a fairly detailed designs that are approximately 24" x 80" problem is I am looking a table that is only 24" x 48" cut area. As far as moving the stock on the table, that is not an issue, it is open on both ends. I was wondering how difficult it would be to stop a project and move the stock to allow the machine to continue on from the exact point. Also if this is not an uncommon trick of the trade, is there any software that would help.
I never thought about having to move the stock on the table before so I never did and research on it. I found a machine for sale locally and got excited, the cut area would be fine most of the time just not for the occasional longer pieces. Or should I just forget about it and keep looking and find one with the cut area that is big enough to fill the occasional need as well as the daily ones.