586,104 active members*
3,387 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Stepper Motors / Drives > ...chinese TB6560 board snubbers

...chinese TB6560 board snubbers

Hi...

I am new here and has been a victim on ont of those chinese TB6560 craps..

First of all, the board has optocouplers but didn't had an isolated 5V to 5V DCDC converter. It had direct DC connexions, hence no isolation.

Fortunately, i found the missing converter on Digikey and now my board is isolated.

But i have another problem: The Mao Zedong-class board does NOT have any snubber / stabilizing circuit between the 6560's and axis ports.

Result: The motor drive is awful and DC current consumption abnormally high. I have to unplug / replug individual motors until current consumption lower to a decent value and run smoothly.

I strongly suspect the absence of output stabilizing / snubber circuit for my problem.

On eBaY, i saw several boards:

-----Some seem to have a single zener diode between each phase output and ground,

-----others use two 3A Shottky diodes between phase outputs and supply / ground rails heavily decoupled by large electrolytics and finally

----- other boards seem to use stabilizing power resistors (white ceramic WW) between the phase P and phase N, hence 2 resistors / TB6560.

What is the best configuration at your eyes ??? Does my board worth adding these components or shall i opt to a bnetter quality board ?

Is it possible that my board has counerfeight chinese TB6560's ?

Also... I use CAT-5 wiring between the TB6560 board and the steppers. Is it okay or shall i use another type of wiring ?

My main use of CNC is PCB milling.

Thank you !

Re: ...chinese TB6560 board snubbers

Get a better quality board.
    James hosts the single best wiki page about steppers for CNC hobbyists on the net:
    http://www.piclist.com/techref/io/steppers.htm Disagree? Tell him what's missing! ,o)

What do you mean by snubber? The recirculating diodes? They are not needed. The problem is the Mao Zedong class engineering. There are countless design errors. Unless you are willing to address them all, you are better off with a better board.

Quote Originally Posted by H500 View Post
    What do you mean by snubber? The recirculating diodes? They are not needed. The problem is the Mao Zedong class engineering. There are countless design errors. Unless you are willing to address them all, you are better off with a better board.
    Thak you with the corerection... I was not sure about the description of these diodes.... I seriously think about buying another board, but desired to give my actual board one last chance...

The tb6600 is much better. They also have faults, but nothing nearly as serious.