586,119 active members*
3,518 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12
    Looks like Kiwis do have b@lls!

howzat and leef - Congratulations to you both.

Are your machines going to be delivered before xmas?

Trying to find qualified information about these machines is not easy. Sure makes you realise how fortunate our brothers in the USA are. They have so many choices of machines and great support on this forum.

I thought that it was difficult to obtain info because they do not like foreign machines, but it is probably more to do with the fact that there are not many of these in the USA yet. So it is up to us to work it out for ourselves. Thanks to Scott for getting the ball rolling.

Rocket

Quote Originally Posted by rocket67 View Post

howzat and leef - Congratulations to you both.

Are your machines going to be delivered before xmas?

Mine should be, will probably be shipped in a couple of weeks and take about 20 days to get here. Hopefully anyway, I guess it will get crazy leading up to Christmas.

Howzat....

Our Chinese freinds are looking for you today.

You need to email Taney your consignee details so that they may complete the shipping information. Please include you phone number.

You should expect 25 days by Sea- should be out of the factory very soon.

Regards

Jimmy

Hmm strange that they contacted you about it Jimmy? Sorry to drag you into it! I got his e-mail but wanted to hear from the logistics company first before replying.. I've e-mailed him now anyway.

Thanks

Rocket- missed your question for me in your earlier post.

Would be easier for you to see the machines at my place then bring one to Adelaide- forget the crownies, I brew my own and have kegs tapped at all times :-)

The spindle and frequency inverter, stepper drivers, and Vac pump have very good manufacturer docs provided on CD- the machine manual is limited but certainly provided enough info to get the machines running with minimal effort.

No problem with set up or damage other than dent to control box enclsure. Vac table was plumbed to tank, just one connection to pump. Wiring was straight forward.

Backup has been great (have had a few questions concerning type of grease to use, tool sensor use etc all answered withing an hour.

Am sure they would provide parts in service but the important bits are all generic or big name so should be able to find an alternative source if need be.

Dust extraction is your typical rough looking chinese motor and tinware (strongly suspect not made in house) but works suprisingly well and was very cheap compared with local offerings.

Sea freight to AUS was 25 days. Factory lead time would have been around three weeks.

I will be in China next month so plan to check out the factory if I can fit it in. Am interested to see how the machines are made and what else is available.

Bewdy mate! Great info.
    As we are finding out more about these machines we are becoming convinced that they are excellent value for money.
    The fact that they use "name company" components should make it easy for us to get the machine serviced by a local tech.
    Where in Sydney are you located? I have informed my wife that our trip to Tassie can wait till after xmas as i am dead keen to come over to have a look at your machine. As you are headed overseas next month can we plan to fly over in early December? We have missed the boat to get our machine before xmas so now there is no rush. We will only take about an hour of your time. Like the idea of trying out your amber liquid too.
    Then we might give Rooty Hill RSL a bit of a nudge.

Thanks again, Rod.

are there any you from the US that acctually

have any of these machines
    please chime up
    and see the thread
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showth...545#post367545

come on over read up and help us out
    cabnet

G'day guys,

Any updates on these machines? I'm thinking about buying one myself at the moment. I tried the sh-cnc.com link but it didn't work. Have they got a new name or address or are they still about?
    Thanks.

The Excitech company is still around, The router I have is similar to this one
    http://www.webshcnc.com/english/1530.asp

Taney is the man you need to talk to if you want to purchase one.

My router thread is here
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56099

Shannon.

I checked them out at shcnc. I dealt with maxry. I think it will be very difficult to get any type of support from them. He said the electrical is "not set up for america but you can do it no too hard".. I'm considering the ezrouter. looks lik ethe best bang for the buck.

Thanks Guys,

Shannon, I read through you Excitech Modification thread last night with much interest. The Excitech machine does look a lot like the Omnisign Plus machine that I was first looking at. I found the Excitech web site and have emailed them for more info and pricing. I will keep you posted.
    By the way, if there are any Tasmanian Excitech owners out there I would like to hear from you.

Regards,
    Dave.

Buzzy,

That link does not seem to work.

Dave.
    Boulder Creek Tramway: www.smex.net.au/bouldercreek

Hi all...
    my shop in NFLD Can. and a shop in NS Can. purchased 5' x 10' INTELICAM Routers
    from a dealer in Ottawa Can. www.intelicam.com Dealing with the Chinese and his dealer Shanghai WingSpread Industry Co., Ltd. headed up by qin jie <[email protected]> as the sales agent.

the two machines have never worked from day one, and for the last 14 months we have
    been asking for replacement .

the machines have so many issues to list them would take a lot of space on this blog

Question has any one had any experience with these former cam tech now INTELICAM
    sellers they would like to share.

each of these machines will need aprox 10,000$ of retrofit to work properly
    and although some attempts were made none have worked these fellows have financial embarrassment they are dealing with at the moment so we may never see the repair

I will post pictures for view

and the facebook link is ??
    James McGrew CAMaster 508 ATC
    www.mcgrewwoodwork.com http://dropc.am/p/EJaKyl

Page 2 of 2 12