586,121 active members*
3,343 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tormach Personal CNC Mill > looking to buy a used PCNC 1100 series 3
Page 1 of 2 12

looking to buy a used PCNC 1100 series 3

Hello all... i am looking to buy a used but not abused PCNC 1100 series 3 with as much accessories as possible. I would like a ATC,enclosure,collets,software,4th axis,ect.. any help would be much appreciated. I am located in New Orleans.Thanks

Re: looking to buy a used PCNC 1100 series 3

For a good low mileage Series III you won't save a whole lot of money buying used. You might as well go ahead and buy a new one.
    You can buy GOOD PARTS or you can buy CHEAP PARTS, but you can't buy GOOD CHEAP PARTS.

There are a couple of series II on ebay right now. You can buy the kits from Tormach for the stepper improvements and spindle upgrades.
    Tim
    Tormach 1100-3, Grizzly G0709 lathe, Clausing 8520 mill, SolidWorks, HSMWorks.

Quote Originally Posted by tmarks11 View Post
    There are a couple of series II on ebay right now. You can buy the kits from Tormach for the stepper improvements and spindle upgrades.
    Buying a used series 2 is an idea.. there are none listed on ebay at the moment.

well keep your eyes open. There were two a couple days ago.. one with ATC for $12k (but no deluxe base). One with base (but no ATC) for $5.5k.

2012 Tormach PCNC1100 | eBay

Tormach Series II Milling Machine | eBay

Both auctions are over now.

Better still, make a saved search on eBay so it notifies you when one comes available (that is the only way I knew, I still have an active search despite not needing another one... I gave up on a used machine after 6 months and bought a new one).

Another option, every few days do a google search of (and than filter for the last 5 days):

tormach mill site:craigslist.org

Just did it and it shows a Series II (with base) for $8.5k in Minneapolis.
    Tim

Those didn't last long

Quote Originally Posted by tmarks11 View Post
    well keep your eyes open. There were two a couple days ago.. one with ATC for $12k (but no deluxe base). One with base (but no ATC) for $5.5k.

2012 Tormach PCNC1100 | eBay

Tormach Series II Milling Machine | eBay

Both auctions are over now.

Better still, make a saved search on eBay so it notifies you when one comes available (that is the only way I knew, I still have an active search despite not needing another one... I gave up on a used machine after 6 months and bought a new one).

Another option, every few days do a google search of (and than filter for the last 5 days):

tormach mill site:craigslist.org

Just did it and it shows a Series II (with base) for $8.5k in Minneapolis.
    Thank you for the advice... i do appreciate it :-)

I think a Series II just needs the motors and a Series I needs motors and spindle. The serial number indicates which it needs.
    Series 3 upgrade (31999) Spindle Drive and/or Upgrade(31090),

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffy Lab View Post
    I think a Series II just needs the motors and a Series I needs motors and spindle. The serial number indicates which it needs.
    Series 3 upgrade (31999) Spindle Drive and/or Upgrade(31090),
    Correct. (I did a II to 3 upgrade; three motors, drivers, and main board, for about the price of one motor/driver. Worth it).

Quote Originally Posted by GLCarlson View Post
    Correct. (I did a II to 3 upgrade; three motors, drivers, and main board, for about the price of one motor/driver. Worth it).
    Very cool.. :-)

Talking Re: looking to buy a used PCNC 1100 series 3

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteele75 View Post
    Very cool.. :-)
    I have a Series II (2012 Model) upgraded new drives (Teknic ClearPath Drives) and spindle, 4th Axis W/Tailstock, Tool Changer, Dulity Lathe (Wouldn't recommend), All software, 22" Monitor w/arm, New Tormach Controller Running the Latest Mach 3, full enclosure, Stand, Flood coolant pump, 60 Gal Ultra Quiet Air Compressor, TTS Tooling system, (20-30 Tools), 15 sets Parallels, Machinist tools, Countless other toys including tooling, work holding fixtures, metric and sae complete collet sets (3 ea.).

Recent replacements include all Limit Switches, all airlines. The machine has less than 200 Hours on it (Hobbyist). Have all the original documentation and books and all like the day it was shipped. Also installed is Inventor Premium and Inventor HSM. In total the machine was about 32k before 1.5k in upgrades then another 3.5k in software 4k in tooling and .5k in a custom paint job (metallic bronze and maroon (Iron Man Colors). Id bet money my machine runs faster and smoother and quieter than any other 1100 out there.

This is a mans toy for sure, I just bought another and the wife says something needs to go so make me a offer!

Total shipping weight guessing around 2600lbs

Regards,
    JD

"Manufacturing is more than just putting parts together. It's coming up with ideas, testing principles and perfecting the engineering, as well as final assembly".

******Update**********

For Sale AllOne Package

PCNC 1100Series II – $9000
    4thAxis Kit and rotary table – $1500
    4thAxis Tail Stock (2) - $300
    Fog buster -$400
    1/4hp FloodPump & Tank - $528
    4thAxis Duality Lathe - $1500
    4thAxis Duality Lathe Gearbox $1600
    Stand -$1600
    Enclosure -$1200
    Paint Job - $438
    MonitorControl Arm - $100
    SMC SoftStart Up, Air Filter, Mist Separator. - $480
    ClearPathDrives - $1840
    HP 22”Monitor - $189
    TormachController - $750
    AutomaticTool Changer - $4500
    Power DrawBar – $1200
    SpindleDrive Upgrade - $815
    MotionUpgrade Kit - $700
    ATC PressureSensor - $140
    200 5/8”Work holding - $100
    6” Vice - $538
    5” Vice -$300
    (3) 15pcsER20 Sae Collets - $130
    (3) 12pcsER20 Metric Collets - $75
    TTS ToolingSets - $1800
    DigitizingProbe - $400
    HiemerCenter Master - $350
    CabinetCooling Kit - $70
    AutomaticOiler - $212
    Estop Kit -$70
    8” 2 JawChuck - $250
    8” 3 JawChuck - $380
    5c colletChuck - $400
    Rotary TailStock - $180
    Sterrett DigitalIndicator Set - $280
    SterrettCalipers - $140
    Miko WirlessJog Pendant - $380
    TormachPendant - $50
    USBInterface Kit - $150
    RS32Interface Kit - $40
    ControllerCables & Wiring - $150
    Tool Setter- $220
    BT30 SpindleCartridge - $600
    Tooling -$2000
    Machinist Parallels- $1000
    NoiseCancelers - $150
    Tormach Keyboard,Mouse - $40
    CNC Wizard -$75

Bought Used:
    IngersolRand 5hp Rotary Screw Compressor / 60gal Tank – 1800 Used.

$41,110.00
    Plus $1,485Shipping

AutodeskInventor Pro - $8400
    Inventor HSM- $2400 Yr

$53,395Grand Total

Theres somuch more not even listed.

Quote Originally Posted by ParadoxSystems View Post
    I have a Series II (2012 Model) upgraded new drives (Teknic ClearPath Drives) and spindle, 4th Axis W/Tailstock, Tool Changer, Dulity Lathe (Wouldn't recommend), All software, 22" Monitor w/arm, New Tormach Controller Running the Latest Mach 3, full enclosure, Stand, Flood coolant pump, 60 Gal Ultra Quiet Air Compressor, TTS Tooling system, (20-30 Tools), 15 sets Parallels, Machinist tools, Countless other toys including tooling, work holding fixtures, metric and sae complete collet sets (3 ea.).

Recent replacements include all Limit Switches, all airlines. The machine has less than 200 Hours on it (Hobbyist). Have all the original documentation and books and all like the day it was shipped. Also installed is Inventor Premium and Inventor HSM. In total the machine was about 32k before 1.5k in upgrades then another 3.5k in software 4k in tooling and .5k in a custom paint job (metallic bronze and maroon (Iron Man Colors). Id bet money my machine runs faster and smoother and quieter than any other 1100 out there.

This is a mans toy for sure, I just bought another and the wife says something needs to go so make me a offer!

Total shipping weight guessing around 2600lbs

Regards,
    JD

"Manufacturing is more than just putting parts together. It's coming up with ideas, testing principles and perfecting the engineering, as well as final assembly".
    I'm curious, why buy a new machine and then sell this "best in class" machine with all it's extras, did you rebuy all the extras for the new machine? You are joking about the iron man colours right!

Phil

Iron man colors ? A normal forum response would be this doesn't exist without pictures of it

Quote Originally Posted by mountaindew View Post
    Iron man colors ? A normal forum response would be this doesn't exist without pictures of it
    +1

I am bumping this up to the top..

what did you replace it with?
    Tim

I just got my moving papers Friday for work, so am open to selling my lightly used Series III so I don't have to move it. Its got the deluxe stand, PDB, Tormach machine controller, Load meter, led spindle light, Monitor arm/tray, monitor, jog shuttle, keyboard and 4th axis kit, but I'd keep the rotary table and tooling as I'll get another when I move.. it would save you a couple grand over new. I'm on Gmail. - spinnetti if you want to drop me a line. I also put my Grizzly 12x37 Gap bed lathe on ebay that I converted to ballscrews and kelling servos with a 4 axis controller (Tormach is not listed for sale anywhere). Good luck with the hunt....

Quote Originally Posted by Spinnetti View Post
    I just got my moving papers Friday for work, so am open to selling my lightly used Series III so I don't have to move it. Its got the deluxe stand, PDB, Tormach machine controller, Monitor arm/tray, monitor, jog shuttle, keyboard and 4th axis kit, but I'd keep the rotary table and tooling as I'll get another when I move.. it would save you a couple grand over new. I'm on Gmail. - spinnetti if you want to drop me a line. I also put my Grizzly 12x37 Gap bed lathe on ebay that I converted to ballscrews and kelling servos with a 4 axis controller (Tormach is not listed for sale anywhere). Good luck with the hunt....
    Spinnetti,

I'm going to be up in Clarkesville, TN all this next week..... So, on the lathe - PM me your price. I'll have my truck with camper shell, could we break the machine down to get it into my truck? Help loading......?

Thanks,
    Andrew
    The Body Armor Dude - Andrew

Andrew, I'm spinnetti - you can get me on Gmail and I can give you a phone number. I'm not sure on price but am open to offers. I bought the lathe new, and adding up just the basic hardware is, well, more than I'd like to admit! You never see anything but sherline type stuff or big commercial lathes for sale, so I've got nothing to compare it to for pricing. At least the base cost of the lathe, 4 axis Camtronics servo controller, ball screws and motors/belts/pulleys. I've got all the stock take off parts too. I move in around a month or so, so if I don't sell by then, I'll hire a truck to move all the machines to my new home (which I still have to buy!). The lathe can come off the stand and I have an engine cherry picker that we can probably load it up with (that's how I put it in my now fully finished basement. I'm more worried about getting it back across the carpet than getting it in the truck. My neighbor has a couple tractors and I'm sure he'd help too once I get it out of the basement (walkout). I had just put this on ebay if you want to see the details and some pictures. If that something you want to buy and we reach a deal, I can pull it off ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinnetti View Post
    I just got my moving papers Friday for work, so am open to selling my lightly used Series III so I don't have to move it. Its got the deluxe stand, PDB, Tormach machine controller, Load meter, led spindle light, Monitor arm/tray, monitor, jog shuttle, keyboard and 4th axis kit, but I'd keep the rotary table and tooling as I'll get another when I move.. it would save you a couple grand over new. I'm on Gmail. - spinnetti if you want to drop me a line. I also put my Grizzly 12x37 Gap bed lathe on ebay that I converted to ballscrews and kelling servos with a 4 axis controller (Tormach is not listed for sale anywhere). Good luck with the hunt....
    I would be interested in your series III. You can send me a price in a PM here if you like.

Page 1 of 2 12