586,042 active members*
3,668 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

KIWA Fanuc 0M problem

Hello

I bought old milling machine KIWA MAX-2M with Fanuc 0M control for my home workshop.
    Machine is very old, but in excellent mechanical condition, spindle is very silent, ball screws backlash is several microns.
    Probably previous owners lost battery backup and never restored full functionality of machine, and this was a reason of the sale.

Machine making homing, executing program, all switches working fine, manually changing tools working, but when i use T command, control freezes.
    Probably tool change require macro, but program memory is empty (i unlocked O9xxx programs by changing the 10#4 parameter, but program directory is still empty)
    PMC ladder program is on 011&012 EPROMs. I readed chips, but PC faptladder cannot decompile ladder from 0A control..
    I wrote program for decompile it, and analyzed ladder from this machine. It seems that PMC program does not support T command.
    This confirmed that macro is needed. Additionally on the panel of the machine is sticker in german:
    "PROG. O8000 WERKZEUGECHSEL"
    "PROG. O8815 MASCH. START"
    Werkzeugechsel means tool change

Can anyone help me?

Re: KIWA Fanuc 0M problem

what type of tool changer do you have?
    umbrella?
    are there special subprograms in PMC, for instance like ROT?
    if M6 calls macro, it has to be shown in parameters
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.pdf  

Quote Originally Posted by guhl View Post
    what type of tool changer do you have?
    umbrella?
    Yes, it is umbrella type ATC.
    Strange to me is that the magazine does not have an encoder or zero position sensor. Only two proximity sensor for tool detect.
    Described on schematic as "tool detect" and "preliminary tool detect"
    You can see it on this movie:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsPUq91E6AI
    Maybe this machine can selected only next tool by the command M6, not any selected by T? But i have never seen that solution,
    or ATC homing must be done by operator? there is ATC RESET button on front panel.

Quote Originally Posted by guhl View Post
    are there special subprograms in PMC, for instance like ROT?
    if M6 calls macro, it has to be shown in parameters
    I wrote macro O9000 with Z axis return, but the setting bit 40#5 did not change in behavior of machine,
    Still freezes during T command, It seems that the macro does not run.

About macro for M6 - i don't see parameters 230-239 and 240-242. Last parameter from 2xx series is 219 and next is 500, so i dont't know how to set macro for M6 command.

Steps of PMC program that handling M6 command:
    - orient spindle
    - move ATC to spindle
    - unclamp tool
    - move ATC down
    - rotate ATC
    - move ATC up
    - clamp tool
    - return ATC to it home position

hi friend
    maybe i can help you , you can send your machine ladder to me , [email protected]
    Quote Originally Posted by spdspd View Post
    Hello

I bought old milling machine KIWA MAX-2M with Fanuc 0M control for my home workshop.
    Machine is very old, but in excellent mechanical condition, spindle is very silent, ball screws backlash is several microns.
    Probably previous owners lost battery backup and never restored full functionality of machine, and this was a reason of the sale.

Machine making homing, executing program, all switches working fine, manually changing tools working, but when i use T command, control freezes.
    Probably tool change require macro, but program memory is empty (i unlocked O9xxx programs by changing the 10#4 parameter, but program directory is still empty)
    PMC ladder program is on 011&012 EPROMs. I readed chips, but PC faptladder cannot decompile ladder from 0A control..
    I wrote program for decompile it, and analyzed ladder from this machine. It seems that PMC program does not support T command.
    This confirmed that macro is needed. Additionally on the panel of the machine is sticker in german:
    "PROG. O8000 WERKZEUGECHSEL"
    "PROG. O8815 MASCH. START"
    Werkzeugechsel means tool change

Can anyone help me?

Update

Analyzing ladder program give me information that timers values are wrong. For example timeout for tool clamping was set to 0.15s, and it's not possible to clamp tool in such a short time.
    Probably machine RAM was lost and previous user don't has a backup, and tried to set values experimentally, not knowing the functionality of the timers.
    Does anybody have access to such a machine or backup data? These are just a few pages of parameters and timers...

Now, another problem is macro for tool changing.
    After M6 in MDI mode machine freezes, if is not previously returned to machine position Z0 (position for tool change), so it looks like lack of macro.
    But parameters 230-239 and 240-242 not exists...

ker2008, you offered help, i was send ladder program to you. Do you received file?

macro through G65 only