586,106 active members*
3,062 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

The 50w Ebay Laser, does anyone own one.. Ive got ??s

Title pretty much says it all......... I have spent the last week or so pulling my hair out trying to make this 40w work..... I have given up, and pretty sure I dont have the patience to do the light oubject upgrade.... I can go 2500 on a new one, which again limits me to an ebay laser........ ( I dont have agent or a way to transport from port to door and cost from door to door puts importing myself out of the question) Does anyone own the blue and white 50w ebay laser, the one with the roterey device? If so, what do you think of it, hows it doing?

Re: The 50w Ebay Laser, does anyone own one.. Ive got ??s

Quote Originally Posted by liltritter View Post
    Title pretty much says it all......... I have spent the last week or so pulling my hair out trying to make this 40w work..... I have given up, and pretty sure I dont have the patience to do the light oubject upgrade.... I can go 2500 on a new one, which again limits me to an ebay laser........ ( I dont have agent or a way to transport from port to door and cost from door to door puts importing myself out of the question) Does anyone own the blue and white 50w ebay laser, the one with the roterey device? If so, what do you think of it, hows it doing?
    Hi Dear,

$2500 can buy a good quality standard laser engraving machine from us, but what do you want to use the machine for? If you can tell me more details, it will help us to save money for you. Please kindly email me your requirement details.

Best&Rgds
    Apple

wklaserliu Guest

hi USD2500 could get,

our storm600 (600*400mm) working area with 50w ,up&down table etc :USD1200 FOB price
    Attachment 276974

above is its photo,
    for more nes could conatct me at:
    [email protected]

Quiven from Gweike laser

Yeah I have one - an SH350G from ebay. I was very nervous, due to all the bad things you can read on the internet about them, but I can honestly say I love it!
    It is the only laser cutter I have owned though.
    When I first got it, I went over it with a fine tooth comb, making sure everything was where it should be, and all electrical connections were tight. It was full of alloy shavings and dust so I cleaned it inside and out too.
    It's been a big learning curve for me both with fine adjustments to level the adjustable bed, mirror and beam alignment, and using CorelDraw, but its been a lot of fun and I have certainly made my money back selling my goods!
    Yes, some parts are badly made but its a good base to start with. The Laser Tube in mine has recently expired after 11 months, (but power was waning from 5 months ago!) so I'm looking at getting a replacement tube and power supply from USA which will cost me about $600. Why the power supply? Well, to be honest I doubt the laser tube was a genuine 50 watt. From new, it has always struggled to cut through 4mm ply unless on full power and really slow speed (less than 8mm /second) - and I recently read that the power can be adjusted in the power supply by some unscrupulous sellers, shortening the life of the tube. Here's the article... http://www.instructables.com/id/How-...ade-CO2-Laser/ So I want a new tube and a power supply that is not 'over-clocked' to get more laser power. My theory then is, next year I'll just need to replace the tube, and $300 a year for a tube is acceptable.
    This is a good thread to read...
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/genera...are-forum.html

Good Luck.
    Ian

I have one and so for luv it... took a bit to get it set right and i am still learning.... https://youtu.be/raRFEUKUoaM

Here's mince cutting 1/4" acrylic.
    I just got it setup 2 weeks ago and have only had a chance to play with it twice for about an hour.
    I did spend about 2 days building a stand and setting everything up. But so far it's been good to me.

https://youtu.be/gYiuxR_Usqg
    https://youtu.be/9c4MKoYOvys

And here's my very first item I made.
    Attachment 279676

I am seriously considering buying this machine as well...I see samples of engraving on wood, acrylic, etc. and wonder if one can use this machine "as-is" to engrave on mirrors? Or would the mirror reflect the laser and cause issues? I know little to nothing about these laser etchers/engravers, and am trying to research what they can and cannot do before I make a choice.

Can a machine such as this one do photos on wood?

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bsrlinmaz View Post
    I am seriously considering buying this machine as well...I see samples of engraving on wood, acrylic, etc. and wonder if one can use this machine "as-is" to engrave on mirrors? Or would the mirror reflect the laser and cause issues? I know little to nothing about these laser etchers/engravers, and am trying to research what they can and cannot do before I make a choice.

Can a machine such as this one do photos on wood?

Hi Sir,

Our machine can do this, please kindly check this pictures, is it what you want?
    Attachment 280470
    Attachment 280472
    Attachment 280474
    Attachment 280476
    If ok welcome your inquiry.

Rgds
    Apple
    EETO Machinery Co., Ltd
    Office 1401, Building B3, Wanda Plaza, Economic & Technology Development Zone, Wuhan, China
    Tel:400-027-1897 Fax:027-84618501
    Mobile: +86-15527861820(Whatsapp Available)
    Web:www.eetomachinery.com
    E-Mail:[email protected]

No, by "Photo on wood" I mean something like what is shown in this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuhvI5Na_zo

Quote Originally Posted by Bsrlinmaz View Post
    No, by "Photo on wood" I mean something like what is shown in this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuhvI5Na_zo

These cheap Chinese lasers are better suited for basic engraving like the prior poster uploaded or cutting. Can you do it, potentially, is it going to take a lot of redoes, yes, and will you be able to consistently reproduce it, no. If this is for a hobby then give it a shot, but if this is really the type of work your want to reproduce often you need to get a U.S. Made laser. Trotec, Universal, Epilog are the big three. You're going to spend a lot of time and materials trying to get it to come out consistent on detailed engravings like this photo of people you posted.