586,051 active members*
3,776 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

16M memory upgrade

What is involved with the 16M memory upgrade? Is this something that is easy to install, or enable with a software switch?

I have no complaints about my machine but am not happy with the ethernet option. I have had nothing but difficulty in getting it to work and very few people know anything about it. I have spent hours troubleshooting it instead of making parts. I sort of feel like I don't have the right to complain since it is very cleary stated in the HAAS Ethernet manual that they are not responsible for making the machine communicate with your network. On the other hand it is a $3000 option that isn't doing me any good, and their literature is vague at best on how to make it work.

In hindsight i should have just purchased the memory upgrade for 1/3 the price and just lived with the floppy or RS-232.

Any thoughts or input appreciated.....

I believe field installed mem upgrades require new processor boards as that is where the mem is located. Probably cost around $2500.

If you got the ethernet option though don't you already have a couple gig harddrive?

JP

Cool No warranty?

Quote Originally Posted by 1ctoolfool View Post
    What is involved with the 16M memory upgrade? Is this something that is easy to install, or enable with a software switch?

I have no complaints about my machine but am not happy with the ethernet option. I have had nothing but difficulty in getting it to work and very few people know anything about it. I have spent hours troubleshooting it instead of making parts. I sort of feel like I don't have the right to complain since it is very cleary stated in the HAAS Ethernet manual that they are not responsible for making the machine communicate with your network. On the other hand it is a $3000 option that isn't doing me any good, and their literature is vague at best on how to make it work.

In hindsight i should have just purchased the memory upgrade for 1/3 the price and just lived with the floppy or RS-232.

Did Haas come and set your machine up? I usually get their techy guys to set this stuff up. They know how to do it proper. Even calling their support up might help a bit. I certainly would try. For a $3000 option they better make it work. I always put that to them up front. If they don't I call them in for a warranty claim. It is your right to get service for something that you paid for.

CALL JAY TEILBORG 1-816-210-8127 HE SET MINE UP AND BUILT A PC THAT ROCKS ON POSTING FILES (BOX ONLY FOR $1000.00). ETHERNET ROCKS ALSO SENT 1111 KB IN ITHINK WAS LESS THAN 2 MINUTES TELL HIM AJ SENT YOU

On machines built 2006 to 2009 16MB was built into the processor and would just need an option code to turn it on.
    Machines built 2005 and earlier would need a new processor PCB to upgrade to 16MB.

Hope this helps

Hi 1ctoolfool

So you got the hard drive/Ethernet option, I did to, when the mother board crashed, I had them take it out, money back, I already had the 16Meg memory & usb, the 16Meg is great, & worth every cent

If you have a newer machine the extra memory is just a code that you have to put in
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by 1ctoolfool View Post
    I have had nothing but difficulty in getting it to work and very few people know anything about it.
    G'day, What sort of trouble are you having?

We have 8 HAAS's with Ethernet (oldest for 10 yrs) and the only time we have trouble is when our server goes down. This did cause a bit of trouble setting it up again as we had to "clear the network settings on the machine" as advised by our HFO to get it to work again on our older machines.

Andrew.
    VF3+TRT210, VF3, VF2+HRT160, VF2SS+TR160, VF2SS+TR160, VF5TR, VF5TR, VF2SS+HRT-210HSHS,VF2SS+HRT-210HSHS,VF2SS+HRT-210HSHS