Hi,

You're all probably tired of seeing all these threads about diy upgrading the controllers...
But being at a geographical disadvantage, shipping this thing back and forth Norway<---->USA=hazzle.( plus maybe saving a few bucks, that i could have made many times over in the hours spent on this...) I thought i'd try it.

first things first:Type: Partner MB20, Machine serial: M-4055 (this number is stamped on the control box and it also appears on the parameter disks issued from milltronics)
I initially thought this was a centurion 6 becausse that's what it says on the front panel, but this machine has had a panel replacement and lcd upgrade when it was with it's previous owner.

i bought a sbc, PCA-6782D-S8A1E and backplane, PCA-6108E-0C2E from advantech.
installed cards in control box and installed dos and software on cf-card.

Everything boots up without errors, i'm not seeing the 'reset drive alarm' on startup either.

so i press 'home' --> sequence start' blinks, when i press start i get a 'beep' from the controller and nothing else.

i have a 'gallery' site where i've uploaded some pictures of bios and of the keyboard connection to the sbc, also shot a video(poor qualiity) of the boot-up and homing attempt.

i've tried just about every possible setting in bios, with no luck.

i've also tried using the hard drive that was on the old motherboard with exactly same results.

are there parameters in the software that needs to changed when upgrading to a SBC.

access to pic's and video here milltronics

Frank

Edit: noticed from an older picture i had taken that i had misplaced the ribbon cables for the P3 connections, but sorting that out did not help.