586,121 active members*
3,624 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question GCODE not visible

Help! I just upgraded to Pathpilot and transferred some of my files (*.tap) running from the Mach 3 for testing. When I load the GCODE it is not visible on the preview area and on the left hand side of the screen(notebook), but it ran fine once I start the cycle. I tried generating the gcode to *.NC without any luck also. Thanks

Attachment 277274

Re: GCODE not visible

I load mine from a thumb drive, insert the thumb drive with the program, copy from usb drive,, this puts it in the main file window. then I eject the usb thumb drive. It has always shown up in the main window after copying from usb.
    mike sr

Quote Originally Posted by popspipes View Post
    I load mine from a thumb drive, insert the thumb drive with the program, copy from usb drive,, this puts it in the main file window. then I eject the usb thumb drive. It has always shown up in the main window after copying from usb.

Popspipes, thanks for the reply. I did exactly the same, except mine doesn't show the gcode on the main windows. It does show the model/tool path on the right, I can edit gcode then it will show my gcode from the editor. Can you please test my sample code attached, basic two hole sample. I'm not sure if its my code or my pathpilot install... do you have a sample code that you can share that actually works on your pathpilot? Thanks in advance.

O1 (BLOCKTEST.NC)
    is likely a problem since "O" codes are used for conditionals and subroutines in Linuxcnc

Quote Originally Posted by PCW_MESA View Post
    is likely a problem since "O" codes are used for conditionals and subroutines in Linuxcnc

Found the problem, its the "n°" inside the parenthesis. Thanks for the advice PCW_MESA, its the smaller "o" or degree.. close enough, should I even report this to Tormach?

I had the same problem. I used special characters like ä (Fräser) in the description. Changed it to "Fraeser" and the code is visible now.