586,077 active members*
3,591 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Tool Offset in Fanuc OI T

Hi

I am new in CNC lathe machine. Please help me for tool offset setup: I have 3 tools
    1- Roughing tool
    2- Finish tool
    3- Drill tool

I got the G54( zero offset ) with roughing tool and when i touch tip of roughing tool with the face of workpiece, machine show me Z- 495.066 on machine position and i wrote it in the G54 on the Z axis and then touch the tip of roughing tool with diameter of workpiece and machine showed me X - 205.128 on machine position and i wrote it in the G54 on X axis with add the diameter ( with out change the position it wrote X54.5 and the press measure button so machine wrote X - 259.628 automatically ), with out any change on x axis i make the x axis zero on Incremental position too. and i check the G54 with G0 G54 X0 Z1.0 in the MDI and i saw that it is true
    for next tool i touch the tip of finish tool in the face of workpiece and wrote the amount of value that z axis position showed me in the tool offset on page geometry on the z column and line two and the touch the diameter of the workpiece and wrote amount that x axis incremental position showed me on the x axis column on offset setting page on line 2

Is it true ?
    for Drill tool does i need to touch the tip of toll on the z axis and write the amount on the z axis column on line 3 and also touch the surface of drill with diameter of workpiece and write difference amount of x axis of drill with the first tool on the offset setting page?

does this method true and ok?

Re: Tool Offset in Fanuc OI T

Sorry i think i write this problem on wrong tab

G54 X should always be 0 on a lathe.
    1st tool Z geometry must be 0 (set it manually to 0)
    1st tool touch on face of part (Z0 of workpiece) and go to workshift screen and use Z0 MEASURE function.
    with same tool take a cut on the diameter. leave tool there. measure diameter. go to GEOMETRY OFFSET screen, to the tool number you are using, in X position for that tool type X and your measured diameter then press MEASURE.
    repeat for other tools in both X and Z on the geometry screen

to use same tools for another different job simply touch 1st tool to Z0 face of workpiece, go to workshift screen and use Z0 MEASURE function again.

tool setting is explained in the manual (and in many posts here). I suggest you read your manual and search for "Fanuc 0T Tool Geometry Setting" here also.

Searching "offset setting" also might help, here or at google.

Thank you for your answer

Does all CNC tuning machine's tool zero is on the machine zero for the x axis?
    with any turrets?

Attachment 279300
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sanprem_OYLR3SIL1servo_motors_turrets_type_tbma.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	27.3 KB 
ID:	279302

on a lathe the machine 0 for X is in the zero return position. that is usually with the turret as far away from the centerline as possible. when the turret is at zero return a light on the panel will be on denoting it is at the zero return position.