Hi

I am new in CNC lathe machine. Please help me for tool offset setup: I have 3 tools
1- Roughing tool
2- Finish tool
3- Drill tool

I got the G54( zero offset ) with roughing tool and when i touch tip of roughing tool with the face of workpiece, machine show me Z- 495.066 on machine position and i wrote it in the G54 on the Z axis and then touch the tip of roughing tool with diameter of workpiece and machine showed me X - 205.128 on machine position and i wrote it in the G54 on X axis with add the diameter ( with out change the position it wrote X54.5 and the press measure button so machine wrote X - 259.628 automatically ), with out any change on x axis i make the x axis zero on Incremental position too. and i check the G54 with G0 G54 X0 Z1.0 in the MDI and i saw that it is true
for next tool i touch the tip of finish tool in the face of workpiece and wrote the amount of value that z axis position showed me in the tool offset on page geometry on the z column and line two and the touch the diameter of the workpiece and wrote amount that x axis incremental position showed me on the x axis column on offset setting page on line 2

Is it true ?
for Drill tool does i need to touch the tip of toll on the z axis and write the amount on the z axis column on line 3 and also touch the surface of drill with diameter of workpiece and write difference amount of x axis of drill with the first tool on the offset setting page?

does this method true and ok?