586,051 active members*
3,688 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

PathPilot Subroutines

I just switched out my old Mach3 controller with the new PathPilot controller for my Series2 Tormach 1100. Actually, I was kind of expecting to plug it in, load some gcode and I would be running. But my gcode would not run due to subroutine problems and almost all of my gcode has been written with subroutines. Somehow I missed seeing on the forum that subroutines needed to be changed, and the quick start guide coming with the controller did not mention anything. So I looked up 7.10 Programming with subroutines in the Series 3 UM10349 operators manual. Here are the changes:
    Subroutine call: m98 P110 change to o110 call
    Subroutine label: 0110 change to o110 sub
    Subroutine end: m99 change to o110 end sub
    Then I like to have my main code at the beginning and the subroutines at the end. Now the subroutines need to be at the beginning and the calling routines coming after. Maybe my posting will help someone else to avoid a nasty surprise.

Re: PathPilot Subroutines

Hi Jerry - Arc radius and now sub routines.....I hate all these Code hassels....thanks for the warning. I am tempted to stay with M3 for another year...... keen

Re: PathPilot Subroutines

I have been using PathPilot since shortly after it came out. It may be a little work to adjust existing G code to be compatible with PathPilot but I believe it is well worth the effort. My machine cuts curves much better and with a superior finish especially on interpolated arcs. I am completely satisfied with the new motion control PathPilot delivers. I am also happy to say I have not had a single stutter or system lockup. Good ridden to the Windozs environment!