586,488 active members*
2,893 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > OneCNC > Thanks for opening this forum

Thanks for opening this forum

A huge thread was accidentally deleted here, if the poster could repost that would be great. I'm going to repost the messages I retrive from the data base.

Thanks for opening this forum

Originally posted by Mortek-

I have also moved to OneCnc from Bobcad. I'm glad we can discuss One Cnc here. A couple of things I've found to bother me about the program, I would like to discuss.
    1.When using planar finishing I have found that sometimes toolpaths are developed that might slightly gouge the part. I have examined the paths and can see where they get out of line. One thing that I have found that stops this is to create a tight boundary, i.e.; within a .001 or .002 to use in boundary selection.
    2. I have found also when using planar finishing or roughing that if you choose an angle for the toolpath at the same angle as your part, sometimes the program will send the cutter to Z- a mile below your part. Has anyone a solution to this epidemic? I will say that I like this program greatly over Bobcad and enjoy cam side of the program. I also like being able to draw in 3-d by keeping the same 3-d view and just selecting the plane.

Thanks again, Ken

Lightbulb IGES Files

Mortek,

A major advantage to being Hybrid is OneCNC provides 100% safety from gouges over single or multiple surfaces or solids or combination there of.

The file you provided contained several missing and or poorly trimmed surfaces as seen in the image below.

OneCNC was able to generate 100% gouge free toolpath over the model.

Tech Support
    OneCNC LLC
    (877) 626-1262
    www.onecnc.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails untrimmed.gif  

Post IGES Files

Mortek,

I ran planar toolpath at your prescribed angle over the model you sent and in Version 4.36 of the Mill Professional the result was error free toolpath although the model was a bit of a disaster.

This type of error correction is impossible in any other CAD/CAM system without sewing or mending surfaces.

Simply select the surfaces to be machined, enter required toolpath angle and the software will automatically generate the toolpath and correct the surfaces.

Tech Support
    OneCNC LLC
    (877) 626-1262
    www.onecnc.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails toolpath.gif