587,076 active members*
3,246 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Re: I'm desperate

LOL Thank you lstool (I guess )
    That'd be very embarrassing to post some pictures of what I already got, but I might do in the future. I can tell you it's just the outer structure, some plates bolted, some welded and some "rails" for the Y axis, and some parts of the table. I recently tried to start a part of the Z axis out of rectangular tubes and it's just a very ugly mount for a ballscrew end nut full of ugly welds.

victorofga: Yes I live in Spain. Importing from the USA is a no-no as I'll be charged with the importing taxes 100% of the time. Importing from China I might get away with a smaller package or price, but in this case there's a high probability I'll be charged, and taxes are something around 20 to 25% the product value. Ain't it a lovely country? We don't produce almost anything, yet importing is that expensive. Not surprised about corruption.

The first machine you posted looks the same as the one I posted before. Can we assume I could get away (see what I'll be doing above) with one of these engraving machines? Also what do you mean by the rails being supported please? What can I expect from an 800w spindle and a 1.5Kw one?

Re: I'm desperate

Also, spindle runout is important. Also, how far it is measured from the collet is important. I got a mini mill from little machine shop and while fine for what I do, if I put a long drill in, I can see the runout and it vibrates things, etc.
    cosmos-industrial.com Pen Marking Tools and CNC Drag Knife