586,113 active members*
3,163 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: Omni / Quick cnc purchase

Just another update. The machine is now ready to be dispatched to me I've made the final payment today, its now in the hands of my UK shipping agent to get the machine to me, hopefully without any issues.

hello drumsticksplint,
    i have been following closely this thread because a iam considering to buy a CNC for woodworking.
    i must say i am a beginner in this and i am searching for something rather economical (under 5000 €) therefore i am looking into Chinese machines. My problem is that i am quite sceptical about buying Chinese and the biggest problem is to find a reliable manufacturer so at least i wont be cheated and pay for a machine a considerable sum of money to get an empty box. i have noticed that many machines are the same and they are offered by different companies (probably because there are many chinese resellers of the same machine). Also many of these companies have almost the same name to confuse us.
    So the question is how to contact the real manufacturer and a trustworthy one.
    Could you please let me know the link for the "Omni" and "Quick" CNC suplliers?
    i am also very curious about the end result of your purchase, so i will be following.

thanks a lot man.

Hi Piniaki,

I am or was in the same situation as you when I started looking into CNC routers. I actually started building my own, but it was taking too long to complete and I just needed something ready to run and use. I also had a similar budget to you to buy a machine and started to look for a used machine that was a bit older, hoping I could find something that would do. I have learned alot in the last couple of months and that is why I started this thread, to hopefully help others in a similar situation.

Ok, Chinese machines: I may speak hypothetically now because I haven't yet received my machine, I'm due to take delivery in about a months time. I was looking for a machine in the UK, machines I found were either Chinese imports, rebadged and sold for alot of profit, or UK built machines using the same or similar quality components but for 4 times the price!! I looked into the Chinese machines with the mindset that I will not receive any sort of after sales support or warranty once my machine arrives. This may or not be true, but I'm prepared to be take the risk. The electronics is something I'm familiar with and should something go down then for me its easy to repair / replace. The thing I was looking for was a well constructed machine in terms of the frame and mechanism.

I had 2 manufacturers in mind that I'd heard mentioned on this very forum, so started to research into the models of machines and peoples success rates when importing and running the machines. These are Quick and Omni cnc. I requested a quote from both manufacturers for similar spec machines and somehow entered a bid off, which was great for me, as the price was getting better and the specs were being upped. Suddenly, a machine I could barely afford was turning into a sensible, affordable purchase. I went with Omni in the end, but Taney from Quick offered me a great deal also, it was just personal preference. I had seen a Quick machine before, the K45MT and I was very impressed! I haven't yet seen an Omni, my machine will be the first I'll see in person, but there are so many pictures of the details that I don't think I'm in for any surprises.

Just something to bare in mind... The cost of the machine in is around 2/3rds of the total price you will pay once you have sorted import and VAT etc. I'm having an agent sort my import out, so I know all of the costs up front. I've heard of people being faced with extortionate fees once the machine has landed.

My contact at Omni is Jack, if you follow the link and fill in the enquiry form: Contact Us-contact usCnc wood router,cnc routers, router cnc, cnc laser I'm not sure he'd like to share his email publicly?
    Taney is the guy to speak to at Quick, again, you can contact through the website. Both have been extremely helpful throughout the whole process.

Just out of interest, what size / type of machine are you looking for?

hello,
    thank you so much for your quick reply and your explanations.
    i still don´t know very well the type of machine will fit my needs. i am working with beech wood (up to 40 mm thickness) and plywood (1 cm).
    So far i have been outsourcing this service which makes me a lot of troubles. So finally i decided to buy one for myself which will also give me more freedom of design.
    When i started i thought something like 600x900 mm table would be enough, but then i saw that i could get with my budget something bigger (1200x2500) that might be useful for the future.

Checking this forum I came to conclusion that i will focus my search in three manufactures:
    Jinan Quick CNC Router Co., Ltd. - Jinan Quick CNC Router Co., Ltd.
    cnc wood router-cnc wood router|china cnc router|router cnc-omni
    (this two following your recomendations)
    and http://www.xyz-tech.com/

i was afraid i would not find the real contact (many companies in China have almost same name and they are even in the same town. i already contacted them and waiting for reply.
    Now i will need to find also an agent although i dont eve know how to start (i am spanish living in Slovenia and this limits me as i find myself lost here).

Piniaki, did you get a reply from the manufactures? Sorry for my late reply, I've been busy with other stuff.

Regarding your machine size, 600 x 900 isn't huge, depending on the space you have available obviously. I would imagine that you would have to cut your sheet material to fit onto the machine before you could get going, which would be extra work and a bit of a pain. I would certainly look at getting a bigger machine if I was you, you could even offer a routing service in your local area to help recoup the cost of the machine Also, I would be inclined to think that a smaller machine will use ball screws for mechanical drive, as opposed to rack and pinion like the larger machines. I won't get into a debate about which is better, but rack and pinion would certainly be faster on a machine in your price range (and mine). Top end machines use ball screws with quick rapids but in order to achieve this the mechanical drive system needs to be engineered with a very high level of precision, which costs alot of money. In short, personally I'd avoid a chinese machine that uses ball screws.

Hi,
    thanks for the advice.
    I already thought about taking something bigger. Now thinking about 1200x1800 mm.
    I like very much the omni 1325 but for the moment is still out of my range. In omni they offered me also the 1224. but this one i dont like it that much, just by the look doesnt attract me even if i cant explain why (although price is ok).
    on the other hand i was checking from quick (Jinan Quick CNC Router Co., Ltd.). they have offered me the K30MT/1224 which i like very much and price looks ok.
    The problem with quick is that i dont have any reference from anybody talking about his experience and this makes it difficult to make the decision.

On the other hand i am checking the customs, duty and taxes which will increase the price additional 24%.
    So here i am and don´t know what to do

Hello drumsticksplint,
    i havve the same dilema you had at the beginning. I am between omni and quick but with lower level machines.

in one hand i have the quick K30MT/1218, it does not have vacuum and the structure looks lighter but i like the compact design and is a little cheaper.
    K30MT/1218-Jinan Quick CNC Router Co., Ltd.

On the other hand i have the omni 1318 (same as 1325 with smaller table), a more robust structure and with vacuum.
    Economical Type CNC Router_Basic CNC Router_cnc wood router

I think i dont really need the vacuum besides i am afraid all together working at the same time will require too much power. How did you finally decided?
    can you give me some advice?
    thank you

Quote Originally Posted by piniaki View Post
    I think i dont really need the vacuum besides i am afraid all together working at the same time will require too much power. How did you finally decided?
    can you give me some advice?
    thank you
    You typically can add a vacuum table later - though of your own design, which may be better suited to your actual needs anyhow. I have a custom 2 zone on my 5'x4' table and it works fine. Depending on the table, you may need to make holes in the table or sacrifice useable Z height or both to make a vacuum table.
    In case anyone is wondering, I'm the twin of the other gfacer on cnczone...

Yes I really did have a dilema because the 2 machines seemed pretty even matched. I think there is a thread documenting the purchase of a K30MT somewhere, I've had a look, but can't locate it just yet. It seems a nice machine and the guy was happy with it.

The Omni machine looks very similar to the machine I've ordered, so obviously at this stage I'd favour that 1. Mine is currently on the open sea....

As gfacer2 suggested, you can always add your vacuum table on at a later date, but if I was you I'd try and swing it in with the deal. the difference in price without the vacuum would be nominal I'd expect, you can always keep the pump to 1 side until you find you need it.

The way I came to my final decision was simply the deal that I got from Omni, I've ended up with a machine that would have cost just slightly outside of my price range, but we agreed a price and that was that. Omni have been excellent with information, pictures etc. I'm having a few other customers items shipped in my machine crate, so there must be some sort of after sales system going on.

It came to a point when I was loosing sleep over making a decision, I set myself a deadline by which I had to pay a deposit on either machine and stuck to it, otherwise I think I would have found it harder.

thanks for the reply,
    actually when i asked about the vacuum in omni, if they remove it i would save only 130$.

about quick I read many good comments from people purchasing 2 years ago, apparently nothing happened recently (at least in this forum) and on the other hand a lot of comments about omni.

My biggest concern is if i can rely on quick and if the fact of having a lighter structure is a disadvantage (something i have no idea because i am a newer in this world of cnc).
    I will have to follow your same tactic because i find myself late at night looking over and over again the same things also loosing my sleep.

- - - Updated - - -

gfacer,
    thanks also for your comment. everything helps!

Extreme caution advised!!! If you want to hear a story about this company PM me. My last detailed post was removed on request. Caveat emptor!!

Right ok, after a mach anticipated wait, my machine should be delivered to my workshop tomorrow

It seems like I placed the order ages ago... oh no wait, it was ages ago! Never the less, I'm hoping to take delivery of the machine tomorrow morning! I will try and take some pictures of the it being de crated and loaded into position if the weather is kind enough. I had posted before that the doorway to my workshop is very narrow and so the machine will have to be partly disassembled and loaded in side ways, then put back together.

I hope to have some updates tomorrow

Looking forward to your update. I'm 99% my next machine will be an Omni.

Quote Originally Posted by drumsticksplint View Post
    Right ok, after a mach anticipated wait, my machine should be delivered to my workshop tomorrow

It seems like I placed the order ages ago... oh no wait, it was ages ago! Never the less, I'm hoping to take delivery of the machine tomorrow morning! I will try and take some pictures of the it being de crated and loaded into position if the weather is kind enough. I had posted before that the doorway to my workshop is very narrow and so the machine will have to be partly disassembled and loaded in side ways, then put back together.

I hope to have some updates tomorrow

Oh Oh

I read all the thread expecting the confirmation that your decisión was the right.
    But unfortunatelly i can't find more comments after 7-12-15.
    I'm really interested how was your experience and I would like see some pictures.
    Can you update the information?
    Thanks

Usually that means it's working... People (like me) become a lot less active once back in full production mode.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
    In case anyone is wondering, I'm the twin of the other gfacer on cnczone...

Page 2 of 2 12