586,119 active members*
3,599 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Milling a 235" part thats 16" wide

Ok i need some help im looking for a mill that has the capacity to hold a 235" long part and is 16" wide we machine them all the time and we are using an old manual machine that was retro fitted with a cnc control. Problem is the machine is so old that you can no longer buy anything for it. And it is wore out. We machine these parts everyday so we have to replace it. I can not seem to find anything with this capacity. Any Advice?

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlykid View Post
    Ok i need some help im looking for a mill that has the capacity to hold a 235" long part and is 16" wide we machine them all the time and we are using an old manual machine that was retro fitted with a cnc control. Problem is the machine is so old that you can no longer buy anything for it. And it is wore out. We machine these parts everyday so we have to replace it. I can not seem to find anything with this capacity. Any Advice?
    You likely need to look for a planner mill. Sometimes these are called gantry mills. Try these guys for a new machine: GantryBridgeMill. This isn't a cheap buy though, as such you need to look at the used market and customization of an existing machine.

You don't describe the part nor volumes nor machining requirements. However it might be sensible to do a full custom machine.

Elumatec and Emmegi make machines that can easily take this. They are also 5 axis.

Hi sir.....how are u