586,103 active members*
3,266 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hi-Rom ladder/eprom tool

hated being a guinea pig, but bit the bullet and bought one off ebay... believe first one theyve sold to USA, only got to play with it a little bit yesterday, but looks to do whats advertised...on 0-A to 0-C theres extra steps, after compiling/creating #ex file in fladder, you gotta go to Hi-Rom to burn the chips, but its not bad...and a lot faster than pcwriter/p-g

I had a lot of worries about getting something from Korea, off Ebay, but no worries- arrived exceptionally well packed and very quickly... think this little gadget should obsolete my entire collection of 'expensive yellow boxes' AND let me seamlessly run on a XP laptop- I'm running out of old 486 DOS machines my back is getting too old to lug that 65 pound 'portable' P-G around much longer

anyway, looks well made and seems to do as advertised- just wanted to give them a plug in here- glad to see some new/current hardware to support these antique controls
    tim

Re: Hi-Rom ladder/eprom tool

What is the item description on Ebay?
    Thanks!

Yes please. I with you on the yellow box, I don't have a computer that will even work with it any longer.

you might need to email them to list another one - they had the first one listed for 6+ months- I kept watching hoping someone else would be first to go for it, but nope...they pulled the listing and I emailed him to put it back up... [email protected] , he relisted, and work bought it- worries I had about first one shipping from Korea were unfounded, it was exceptionally well packaged, customs paperwork went thru without a hitch...

got to mess with it a little closer today- manual is decently translated, but still a little awkward- no worse than a old jinglish fanuc manual though found out the serial port(i assumed) is actually a serial output line- you can fladder the pmc program into the writer, then use its serial port to load pmc-ram, handy these days as laptops with serial ports are becoming rarer...

heres the old listing- $1666.00 plus 150(!) shipping- think its a little high, but compared to the not so small fortune we spent on a P-G MarkII, P-G Mate a couple PCWriters, adapters, software, etc (think the P-G was over 30k when we bought it and the accessories in 1989), not too unrealistic I guess... think they would sell a LOT more if it was in the 750 range...
    Fanuc PMC ROM Programmer | eBay
    heres their company website-
    Welcome to YOUNG IL Engineering

not cheap, but so far think it will be a valuable tool- much as I still live in DOS - by the way, a seat of 'tao-ex-dos' is a great investment at like 200 bucks- Ive ran it for a couple years, lets printing fladder files to fast network printer, and all that run effortlessly...does everything but my old acad- I wrote a custom sidebar menu for schematics back in the 80's, I still use it on a old seat of 12, but the pharlap crap wont work in xp... 13 and up ont support the sidebar... eventually ill need to rewrite for a pulldown menu format and use newer stuff, but for now- stuck in DOS for my old easy schematic setup...

edit- did find a possible bug today- loaded up some old deawoo 6TB-2 PMC Model-B roms, no problem, gives a decent printout- but tried two sets of PC Model-A roms and it gave a error/blank file- I need to verify I had good chips(they were laying around >20 years) before emailing them about it though...also, while it can print out ladder from a 3/6 control, it cant edit the ladder... God I hope to never need the 'suitcase' programmer again, its lighter than a pig to carry around, but last time the 5v supply popped, had to bug in a external supply, and it REALLY sucks to use... mnemonic editing sucked- at least now can have a ladder printout first- my old mnemonic printout basic program would get me mnemonics direct from the chips, but I cant read that stuff easily- always had to 'write' out the ladder by hand while reading the printout- sometimes a string of 'and stk, or stk, or stk, or stk' type of thing would have me redrawing a rung several times... love ladder in graphical form I knew a guy from out in Nevada that preferred editing in mnemonics- always blew my mind how he could read that stuff so easily- some kind of genius/savant or something

Hi TC249 thank for sharing. I'm thinking to buy one too. Works good with system 10 pmc cassete, system 6 an 0-a ladder??
    Thank man you are the best.

Carlos Cabrera

on the 6, it only extracts/prints- cant edit...looks handy for everything else though

It is a bit quirky to use; escpecially the DOSBOX software. Don't use the same mindset as with FANUC PG.

Used the unit on a laptop running WIN7 but at least did not need a separate HDD partition or virtual machine software...Managed to edit a PMC to add some features and it worked ok.

I bought one also - just showed up a couple days ago. Going to play with it later today and see how it all works. I had gotten him to send me demo software - so I have a little experience with it. Found so far the software must be installed as admin and run in Win XP comp mode. Going to pickup some EProms and cartridges from shop today and try and read in.
    Terry
    Arrow Controls
    Houston,TX

Hi friend.
    Can you send me the software hi-rom??
    My mail: [email protected]
    Thanks

dear tc429,

thanks buddy..i happened to buy one...for 3 and 6 its pretty simpler but in case of fanuc 0a,0c,11,12,10 i could not figure out how to get .#ex file.i am not able to discompile..after reading 11,12 eproms i go to save menu.while saving i give a file name and a file name xxx.#ex is created in one folder.after this i donot know what to do..can anyone help me out..
    same in case of pmc-I. for 10,11,12..
    thnx
    cnc.techie

Quote Originally Posted by cnc.techie View Post
    dear tc429,

thanks buddy..i happened to buy one...for 3 and 6 its pretty simpler but in case of fanuc 0a,0c,11,12,10 i could not figure out how to get .#ex file.i am not able to discompile..after reading 11,12 eproms i go to save menu.while saving i give a file name and a file name xxx.#ex is created in one folder.after this i donot know what to do..can anyone help me out..
    same in case of pmc-I. for 10,11,12..
    thnx
    cnc.techie
    did you get it figured out? I had to mess around a little with it too, havent burned a set of 0-A chips yet...did notice a issue: I always set pc parameters for name/edition so its displayed on boot screen, 3-2 characters, I use letter for month,day-yr...A01-02 would be for January 01, 2002 for example- it helps as we have too many versions, easy to find by date...
    Anyways, I burned a set of chips on mine and the thing came out 05-nothing, so theres apparently at least one bug in the thing still...I emailed them, and they sent me a 'new' software version, but it was same as I had, so still no good...really hadnt had much time to mess with it, was saddened to find out it can only print ladder for 3/6 controls, cant edit(means the old 'suitcase' mnemonic programmer may need kept alive for a while- 1981 is OLD for a computer!

hopefully in the next couple weeks I'll get time to shake it down a bit more, and communicate with them any more issues they need to address. looks great, seemed to work fine till getting closer look at things...its 95% of the way there, but like they say- "close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades"

tc429,

I'm hoping you can help me on an 11-m with PMC-I. I'd like to do a slight Lobotomy on a Mazak Mill with Tool Changer issues and need to edit the Ladder.

Many, Many years ago I had a P-G Mate + software, but it was killed by UPS. I recently got my hands on a System PG Mark II, but my old 3.5' disks for the PMC-I wont boot it. I'm not sure if it's bad disks or the PG Mate disks wont work for the PG Mark II. Not getting much help from Fanuc with the old PG software either. Do you know of anybody that may have the 3.5" PMC-I disks for the System P-G Mark II that would be willing to sell me a couple of Boot disks?

Thanks!

Anyone have any luck contacting this guy. I have used the Hi-Rom I bought for a couple jobs - works good on 0C , tried reading in some 11 cartridges , reads file but when it discompiles get a out of memory error. I tried last year emailing guy who made this - but no response.

where do they offer to open files from 11 series? in FLADDER?